XBOX app on PC Gives error 0x00000001. Common solutions not working.

Discus and support XBOX app on PC Gives error 0x00000001. Common solutions not working. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the Xbox app on PC. When trying to download games with the gamepass trial that I just activated, the download sits at 0% for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinDamour, Feb 21, 2022.

1. JustinDamour
    JustinDamour Guest

I am having an issue with the Xbox app on PC. When trying to download games with the gamepass trial that I just activated, the download sits at 0% for a while then returns error 0x00000001. I have tried a pretty wide variety of solutions found from these forums and various other places online with no success. Here is what I've tried:

• Repair/Reset the xbox app. Microsoft store, and gaming services through Settings>Apps & Features.
    • Update Windows.
    • Uninstall/reinstall windows through powershell. Note: when doing this, if I did not restart my computer after uninstalling, I would get the error code 0x80070005. When I did restart I noticed the installation would get stuck for a few minutes near the end (not sure if that's normal) before seemingly successfully finishing.
    • starting the "Gaming Services" services in services.msc. Note: there are two here with the same name. One is running and the other is not. If I try to start the other one I get the error "Windows could not start gaming services service on local computer" and the error code 1060.
    • Deleting GamingServices and GamingServicesNet under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ in regedit then reinstalling gaming services.
    • And possibly more that I'm forgetting
    I am on windows 10, fully up to date as far as I can tell. I am trying to avoid a reinstall or in-place upgrade as I dual boot don't want to deal with windows breaking grub (correct me if that is something that won't happen). Any other tips would be appreciated as I can't really find any more information about this issue.

:)

JustinDamour, Feb 21, 2022
  2. Jamie1993 Win User

Hello, I´m Jamie. an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Can you try downloading the 'Create Windows 10 or 11 installation media app' from the link below:

WINDOWS 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

WINDOWS 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Doing it this way is completely different to just clicking on 'Updated Now'.

At the end of the download run it and then follow the steps and at the end click on upgrade.

Doing it this way is completely different to just clicking on 'Updated Now'.

Thanks

Jamie
  3. E_402 Win User

The ideas both of you guys mentioned worked for me :) Thanks a lot
  4. JustinDamour Win User

I was worried that doing this would break my grub install but having run out of options I tried it anyway. after doing so I was finally able to get it working, so thank you.

It did not work right away, however. I had to do another uninstall and reinstall of the gaming services through powershell and after a reboot, it finally worked.

Thank again!
  5. Noah_1337 Win User

[FIXED] Installation Error Microsoft Store (PC), Ori and the Will of the Wisps | 0x89235172 and 0x00000001

Hey! Reporting back I fixed my problem!

The solution in the Reddit post didn't work but what I did do was install the Xbox App. In doing so I was able to try and install the game in the App. This gave me another Error code (0x00000001). After looking it up I followed this troubleshooting guide:

https://notesread.com/how-to-fix-microsoft-flight-simulator-download-or-install-error-0x00000001/

For me Solution 3 worked. After Resetting my internet connection I was able to download and install the game on my PC!

Thank you for your fast reply and help.
  6. T0MS M0M Win User

problem game pass ultimate pc error 0x00000001

I'm having the same exact issue. Every game I try to download gives me "Error code: 0x00000001". I've made sure both the app and my PC are up to date.
Thema:

1. XBOX app on PC Gives error 0x00000001. Common solutions not working. - Similar Threads - app Gives error

2. Xbox App not giving bonus points for jewel game & play PC game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App not giving bonus points for jewel game & play PC game: Is anyone else not get the bonus points for being an Xbox ultimate subscriber and having 7 + friends for the jewel game and play a PC game? I'm a Xbox ultimate subscriber and have 7 + friends...
  3. I'm trying to get into The destiny 2 companion app but it's giving me an authentication error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get into The destiny 2 companion app but it's giving me an authentication error: I'm trying to use the D2 companion app and it keeps taking me to the authentication error screen (see in attached image) but whenever I try to fix it I doesn't say what the problem is. If anyone...
  4. 1 month in and the app wont give me delta

in XboX Insiders
    1 month in and the app wont give me delta: I am already level 3 and hit a 4 pulse streak but no updates nor access to delta? submitted by /u/Memiours [link] [comments]
  5. Every update or install on Xbox App gives me error code 0x80070057

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every update or install on Xbox App gives me error code 0x80070057: Hi Since about a month ago, every pre-existing or historically working game on my Xbox app breaks after updating. New game installs work just fine, but if I uninstall one of the (now) broken...
  6. Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch: This popup. Tried everything up to accessing WindowsApp folder and Bethesda folder itself. Nothing helps. Created shortcuts on desktop and was running it with Admin rights too, not helping at all...
  7. Xbox app will give me error 0X00000001 when downloading Fall out 76, Farming Sim 2022, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app will give me error 0X00000001 when downloading Fall out 76, Farming Sim 2022, and...: Xbox app will give me error 0X00000001 when downloading Fall out 76, Farming Sim 2022, and Forza but i can download other games 32bee17c-9044-4610-9f0e-1c6dab4174bc
  8. Games installed through the Xbox app either crash or give Driver out of date error, Games...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games installed through the Xbox app either crash or give Driver out of date error, Games...: Before you ask: Halo multiplayer works just fine through steam but hangs and crashes through the Xbox app. Roblox gives a display driver error if installed through the Xbox app but works just fine...
  9. Xbox (beta) PC app - all games give error 0x800704c6 when downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) PC app - all games give error 0x800704c6 when downloading: Hello all, I have been having this problem for 2 days now and i have tried all the troubleshooting steps on the internet with no help. Here goes: -when trying to install any game from my...
  10. twitch app on xbox one give error code 995f9a12

in XBoX Games and Apps
    twitch app on xbox one give error code 995f9a12: so i recently deactivated an old twitch account but i forgot to unlink that specific account from my xbox. i can no longer log in to that account anymore (I've tried several times) but i wanted to...