Xbox App on PC can't find games after reboot (I need to reinstall it everytime)

Discus and support Xbox App on PC can't find games after reboot (I need to reinstall it everytime) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi ! I've downloaded the Xbox app recently (about a week ago) when I joined the Game Pass. I downloaded one game (Grounded) and then, after a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TristanDelort, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Xbox App on PC can't find games after reboot (I need to reinstall it everytime)

Hi !

I've downloaded the Xbox app recently (about a week ago) when I joined the Game Pass. I downloaded one game (Grounded) and then, after a couple hours, I shut down my computer. The day after, when I turn it back on, I couldn't find the game in my library. After 10 minutes or so and after restarting the app, it was back in my library.
    A few days later, I started the app to play to "Super Hot : Mind Control Delete" but my second drive (D: ) was not in the drop down menu. My library was also empty. This time, I had to reinstall the Xbox App to be able to see games in my library and to install Super Hot on my D drive.
    The day after, same thing happened. Can't see games nor D: drive in installation settings. Had to reinstall.
    Today, it happened again but I finally got tired of reinstalling the app every time so I decided to ask for help.

I have a Lenovo Y530-15ICH-1060 running Windows 10 21H1. I don't know if it can cause trouble but I have a Ubuntu dual boot located on my D: drive (it only takes about 50GB) so I go through GRUB before accessing Windows.

Every google search resulted in people not being able to start games (but they could see them), or other non related issues. I also tried to re-register the app following the instruction in this article : https://www.maketecheasier.com/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-not-working-fixes/ but it only worked temporarily. When I restarted my computer my games were gone.

The game pass is a really good deal but this app is driving me nuts. I hope someone might have some leads.

:)

TristanDelort, Aug 8, 2021
  2. TristanDelort Win User

Yes ! I just tried and can find them all in the Windows start menu, and I can event start them.
    This works as a temporary fix but the D drive problem still remains and I need to remember which games I installed.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Xbox Gamer and I will be helping you today.

How are you?
    If you look for the game in the Windows start menu can you find the games?
  4. TristanDelort Win User

Ok I think I might have an idea. The only thing that the dual boot really changed in my Windows experience is that my linux distro uses the hardware clock as if it were in UTC time. So every time I switch to Windows, I have a -2 hour offset to my clock. I always need to resynchronize the clocks.
    I just need to run one command in my Linux distro to let it use the good time zone and not interfere with my Windows time.

For some reasons, after a few synchronizations, my games just appeared (but weirdly it took me 3 synchronizations and not just one).

I'll try to fix the time zone problem and it will probably fix my Xbox App problem (fingers crossed)
  5. TristanDelort Win User

Ok I think I might have an idea. The only thing that the dual boot really changed in my Windows experience is that my linux distro uses the hardware clock as if it were in UTC time. So every time I switch to Windows, I have a -2 hour offset to my clock. I always need to resynchronize the clocks.
    I just need to run one command in my Linux distro to let it use the good time zone and not interfere with my Windows time.

For some reasons, after a few synchronizations, my games just appeared (but weirdly it took me 3 synchronizations and not just one).

I'll try to fix the time zone problem and it will probably fix my Xbox App problem (fingers crossed)
  6. Calvarius7 Win User

Xbox pass for windows/games won't install

Problem solved if anyone else has this issue!

I just uninstalled the XBOX BETA APP and reinstalled. Everything I was reading was telling me to do this using powershell and doing it with the xbox gaming service. It was the beta app that was causing the problem. After the uninstall, the installer can
    freeze and you just need to reboot and it should work.
    Have the exact same problems, but now I can't reinstall the app because it freeze every time. Reboot doesn't help, tried with a new image of the installer, doesn't help, just freezing every time.

Also I can't download via Microsoft Store, the store crashes when I try to install a game-pass game. Srsly Microsoft.. what the fu** ?
Thema:

1. Xbox App on PC can't find games after reboot (I need to reinstall it everytime) - Similar Threads - App can't find

2. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  3. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  4. Can't find Madden 24 on Xbox PC app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find Madden 24 on Xbox PC app: I recently bought Madden 24 for the Xbox game app but when I'm looking to install it, it doesn't show up in my library. However when I go online to the store it says that I already own the game....
  5. I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.: I'm trying to cancel my Xbox Gamepass subscription but when I click manage it sends me to a Microsoft account that doesn't show the subscription, meaning I can't cancel it, and I don' know the...
  6. Redeemed game code but can't find game install option on Xbox app PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed game code but can't find game install option on Xbox app PC: I bought Street Fighter 6 digital from Best Buy the other day, but after redeeming it from the Xbox app, it doesn't give me any option to download/install it. I can only see it under purchase...
  7. what happens if I can't find the gamepass section in my xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happens if I can't find the gamepass section in my xbox app: i have gamepass ultimate, and I recently fixed the issue that it didn't show that i have gamepass on my xbox app, but when I enter the app the gamepass section doesnt show [img]...
  8. Why can't I find my owned games on the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find my owned games on the Xbox app?: There are a small handful of games on my Xbox app like Minecraft, sea of thieves, state of decay and a couple more but I own alot of other games I would like to play that do not show up mostly for...
  9. After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games...

in XBoX on Windows
    After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games...: After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games under installed in-app, and when in the app can't see pictures, play, or purchase buttons. My App version...
  10. XBox App on PC can't find purchased content on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App on PC can't find purchased content on Windows 11: Hello, I pre-ordered Like a Dragon: Ishin! on the XBox store website last week and haven't been able install it onto my Windows 11 PC. The game launched yesterday and installed and ran with no...