Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose

Discus and support Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, So I am currently working away from home with terrible internet & thought I would download lots of games to play for the duration I am away.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by chris mcallan1, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose

Hello,

So I am currently working away from home with terrible internet & thought I would download lots of games to play for the duration I am away. Within a couple of weeks, I can now play no games as they all need an update. Can MS not make it so that you can at least play the single-player element of these games without updating - I understand if you wanted to go online for some multiplayer you would have to be updated but not single-player.

So games I can now no longer play:

Halo Master Chief collection - basically bugged out and refused to play.

age of empires 4

Forza 5

halo infinite - seriously what's the point in pre-downloading just to need an update on day 1.

so then I spent the last few days downloading halo for it to finally update. I was so excited and then on launching it the app just takes me to the Microsoft store app, this does not seem to be a isolated incident (just read the reviews on that app - all 1 star review of people just wanting to play halo). Microsoft do you not have testers that work for you, do they not pick up these problems? I have been using steam for over 10 years and never come accross these issues.

Also while i'm at it, why did i have to reformat my drive to NTFS before I could use it for the XBOX app storage space for some of the games and if there is a good technoligcal reason for this why cant a simple reason be provided for this wihtin the app rather than spending hours of my life trying to figure this out.

Basically Microsoft do better otherwise you are going to lose a lot of customers. I'm not sure £10+ a month is good value when most of the times you can't even play the games...

:)

chris mcallan1, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Sorry about that. I'll suggest you leave this as feedback on the Insiders subreddit platform to bring attention to it faster, as the community is just gamers like you that can't really do anything with this feedback.

You can leave the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Remote play is not working in the xbox app for PC

To mobile devices and tablets, Xbox App is the one that fit that purpose
  4. JoelSegetin Win User

Xbox one X constant issues - Lagging, freezing, not restarting ...

Just got a Xbox One S Digital, it has been absolutely useless and is not fit for purpose. Every game freezes, takes ages to load anything and basic apps lile settings keep freezing. Factory reset the stupid thing 4 times already, did this, did that. Yall
    need to move quick, Im reporting this product to the Consumer Watchdogs, not fit for purpose. Big no no. Pull the damn product before others get sucked in.

So put off, will deffo be buying a PS when i can.
  5. ACWells Win User

Remote play is not working in the xbox app for PC

That's very helpful to know, thank you! I think because there's a few apps that do different things it's really difficult to actually find this information online- because the mobile xbox app allows remote play, but not the PC app, and the console companion on PC allows remote play, google can't differentiate what you're actually asking for!

What a shame that the much promoted 'new app' they want us to try isn't actually fit for purpose!
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox controller not fit for purpose

I see, you really weren't supposed to be going through this situation, Nick.
Thema:

1. Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose - Similar Threads - App basically fit

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  4. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  5. The xbox app is complete utter garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    The xbox app is complete utter garbage.: I can connect to everything on consoles but for some reason the app will not connect to the part if I'm using a pc or mobile device. How the hell can it be so bad? Half of the time I'm sending...
  6. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  7. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  8. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  9. Shahid App download

in XBoX on Windows
    Shahid App download: I'm trying to download a very well-known app called Shahid for entertainment purposes and Can't find it in Microsoft store!!!! If it's not available, could you please add it to the store, so I can...
  10. Add some basic STUFF to XBOX APP (PC) PLEASE.

in XboX Insiders
    Add some basic STUFF to XBOX APP (PC) PLEASE.: We need these basic stuff in xbox app for PC : - Download Speed limiter - Game Files verification, so people with limited internet can take the games from their friends and verify the game files...