Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose

Discus and support Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, So I am currently working away from home with terrible internet & thought I would download lots of games to play for the duration I am away.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by chris mcallan1, Dec 10, 2021.

  1. Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose


    Hello,

    So I am currently working away from home with terrible internet & thought I would download lots of games to play for the duration I am away. Within a couple of weeks, I can now play no games as they all need an update. Can MS not make it so that you can at least play the single-player element of these games without updating - I understand if you wanted to go online for some multiplayer you would have to be updated but not single-player.

    So games I can now no longer play:

    Halo Master Chief collection - basically bugged out and refused to play.

    age of empires 4

    Forza 5

    halo infinite - seriously what's the point in pre-downloading just to need an update on day 1.

    so then I spent the last few days downloading halo for it to finally update. I was so excited and then on launching it the app just takes me to the Microsoft store app, this does not seem to be a isolated incident (just read the reviews on that app - all 1 star review of people just wanting to play halo). Microsoft do you not have testers that work for you, do they not pick up these problems? I have been using steam for over 10 years and never come accross these issues.

    Also while i'm at it, why did i have to reformat my drive to NTFS before I could use it for the XBOX app storage space for some of the games and if there is a good technoligcal reason for this why cant a simple reason be provided for this wihtin the app rather than spending hours of my life trying to figure this out.

    Basically Microsoft do better otherwise you are going to lose a lot of customers. I'm not sure £10+ a month is good value when most of the times you can't even play the games...

    :)
     
    chris mcallan1, Dec 10, 2021
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Sorry about that. I'll suggest you leave this as feedback on the Insiders subreddit platform to bring attention to it faster, as the community is just gamers like you that can't really do anything with this feedback.

    You can leave the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Remote play is not working in the xbox app for PC

    To mobile devices and tablets, Xbox App is the one that fit that purpose
  4. JoelSegetin Win User

    Xbox one X constant issues - Lagging, freezing, not restarting ...

    Just got a Xbox One S Digital, it has been absolutely useless and is not fit for purpose. Every game freezes, takes ages to load anything and basic apps lile settings keep freezing. Factory reset the stupid thing 4 times already, did this, did that. Yall
    need to move quick, Im reporting this product to the Consumer Watchdogs, not fit for purpose. Big no no. Pull the damn product before others get sucked in.

    So put off, will deffo be buying a PS when i can.
  5. ACWells Win User

    Remote play is not working in the xbox app for PC

    That's very helpful to know, thank you! I think because there's a few apps that do different things it's really difficult to actually find this information online- because the mobile xbox app allows remote play, but not the PC app, and the console companion on PC allows remote play, google can't differentiate what you're actually asking for!

    What a shame that the much promoted 'new app' they want us to try isn't actually fit for purpose!
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

    Xbox controller not fit for purpose

    I see, you really weren't supposed to be going through this situation, Nick.
Thema:

Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose

Loading...
  1. Xbox App on PC basically not fit for purpose - Similar Threads - App basically fit

  2. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  5. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  6. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  7. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  8. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  9. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

    in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  10. Add some basic STUFF to XBOX APP (PC) PLEASE.

    in XboX Insiders
    Add some basic STUFF to XBOX APP (PC) PLEASE.: We need these basic stuff in xbox app for PC : - Download Speed limiter - Game Files verification, so people with limited internet can take the games from their friends and verify the game files...