Xbox App on Android Will not use microphone from headphones

Discus and support Xbox App on Android Will not use microphone from headphones in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I Join a party on my phone Xbox app, ( Android ). While I have Bluetooth Headphones being used. (rayon). I can hear everyone, but the app is not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xZeroBrandx, Mar 1, 2023.

1. xZeroBrandx
    xZeroBrandx Guest

When I Join a party on my phone Xbox app, ( Android ). While I have Bluetooth Headphones being used. (rayon).

I can hear everyone, but the app is not using the microphone from the headphones, it is using the mic from my phone. So it picks up every possible noise, and I have to mute myself if I am not talking. This was not always the case, the app used to work perfect until an update happened months ago. Now it will only use the Phone mic, and not the headphones mic. I have no problem hearing people just using the microphone from the headset. Does anyone have a fix for this or at least a reason. I believe I have tried everything.

:)

xZeroBrandx, Mar 1, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue with the Xbox App not using the microphone from your Bluetooth headphones on your Android device:

Check Permissions: Make sure that the Xbox App has permission to access your microphone. You can check this in your Android device settings, under "Apps & notifications" and then "App permissions". Find the Xbox App and make sure that the microphone permission is enabled.

Restart Devices: Try restarting both your Android device and your Bluetooth headphones. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

Clear App Cache: Clearing the app cache can help fix issues with apps on Android devices. You can do this in your Android device settings, under "Apps & notifications" and then "See all apps". Find the Xbox App and select "Storage & cache", then select "Clear cache".

Reinstall the App: If the above steps don't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App on your Android device. This can help resolve any issues with the app.

Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify any issues with the app or your Bluetooth headphones.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Stream mic Xbox One (PC)

It depends on the type of your streaming Microphone.

If it's an USB microphone, then no.

If the Microphone has an analogue connector (e.g. 3.5mm jack), you could use a headphone/microphone to CTIA adapter, and plug your Astro into the headphone plug and your streamer microphone to the microphone plug, and then plug the CTIA adapter into the
    controller.

Alternatively, if you use a third party streaming software and are screen capturing from your PC, you can start the Party through the Xbox App on your PC, and stream the game to a capture card on your PC. Then you can mix the game audio from the captured
    console with your party sound (if your streaming software allows such a mix), and then stream that from your capturing PC to your streaming platform.
  4. OftKilted Win User

Perfect gaming headphones for Xbox one

For sound isolation, I recommend either closed-back over the ear, or in-ear style earbuds.

The Xbox Controller with 3.5mm adapter and the Xbox Controller Stereo Adapter are both able to use standard Android earbud style headphones and maintain microphone compatibility. (the iPhone compatible headsets aren't compatible with the microphone)

If you are looking for inexpensive earbud style, thewirecutter has a nice article here on cheap in-ear headphones:

The Wirecutter: The Best Cheap In-Ear Headphones to Replace Your Stock Earbuds ( http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-headphones-under-40/ )

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the site above linked site.
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

MICROPHONE ON TV XCLOUD

Hello Jesse Taylor3,

Welcome to Xbox Forums and we appreciate you for sharing this with us.

I'd be happy to help you with your concern regarding using your EarPods or headphones microphone on your TV while using xCloud.

Firstly, it's important to note that not all TVs support the use of external microphones. You'll need to check your TV's manual or specifications to see if it has a microphone input. If it does not, you may need to consider using a different device such as a gaming headset that is compatible with your TV.

Assuming your TV does support external microphones, the next step is to ensure that your EarPods or headphones are compatible with your TV. Some headphones may require an adapter to connect to your TV's microphone input. You can check the manufacturer's website or manual to see if your headphones require an adapter.

Once you have confirmed that your headphones are compatible with your TV, you can connect them to your TV's microphone input. The location of the microphone input may vary depending on your TV's model, so you may need to refer to your TV's manual to locate it.

After connecting your headphones to your TV's microphone input, you'll need to adjust the audio settings on your TV to ensure that the microphone is being used. This can also vary depending on your TV's model, but typically you can access the audio settings by pressing the "Menu" button on your TV remote and navigating to the audio settings.

In the audio settings, you should see an option to select the microphone input. Select your headphones or EarPods from the list of available inputs. You may also need to adjust the volume levels to ensure that your microphone is picking up your voice properly.

You can also check this link for further information: Set up the Xbox app on a smart TV

If you're still having trouble getting your microphone to work on your TV, please let us know. I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Android Will not use microphone from headphones - Similar Threads - App Android microphone

2. Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...: Hi, What if Microsoft considered a Microsoft phone only app that allows for on device downloads of Xbox game titles submitted by /u/DryAd6599 [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem: I am trying to connect my console to the Xbox app (android) but the app is stuck at the message "Turn on your console and sign in with your account". My console is turned on and i have signed in....
  4. How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?

in XboX Insiders
    How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?: I've google instructions for how to view the block list and all the instructions seem really old. Appears there is no way to view the block list without an Xbox Console. submitted by...
  5. How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?: I have the Microsoft Family Safety app installed on my family's phones. Everyone is logged in under their accounts. however, whenever I pull up the app on my phone, it can never find anyone's...
  6. game pass app for android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app for android: Need to have the app connect to a different user on xbox one. 6040e9fb-62ab-4e62-bb90-8ed01489c878
  7. Android xbox apps: open a game directly

in XBoX on Windows
    Android xbox apps: open a game directly: Hi. I am wondering if there is any way to launch a game without having to open the xbox app first, and then select the game you want to play. The question applies for in-home streaming and/or...
  8. Game Pass Ultimate Not Showing As Active On Android App

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate Not Showing As Active On Android App: Hello, Every time I try to use the android app for cloud gaming it says that I need an ultimate subscription. I do have an ultimate sun active currently and it just the android app that’s not...
  9. xbox app ( android) issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app ( android) issues: I sat the xbox with the mobile app but the app was working but eventually the xbox was not recognized by the app the app still gets every thing such as trophy screen shots ,records every time I...
  10. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...