Xbox App notifications settings won’t change

Discus and support Xbox App notifications settings won’t change in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So my app notifies me of my brother every time he’s online. I wanted to stop this so I went to the app, tapped my profile, tapped the settings icon,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chocolate738, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Chocolate738
    Chocolate738 Guest

So my app notifies me of my brother every time he’s online. I wanted to stop this so I went to the app, tapped my profile, tapped the settings icon, and went to the “Notifications” tab. I switched off “Notify me when a favorite is online” and backed out of the settings menu. I then get the notification “something went wrong”. I check the setting, my changes saved, but I still get notifications from the app that tell me favorite friends are online. Anyone have a fix?

I am on iPhone, my app is up to date, and I’m connected to the internet.

:)

Chocolate738, Apr 16, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Chocolate738, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try to go to your settings one more time, via your PC this time if you could, and check the box "Notify me when a favorite is online” and then uncheck it one more time. :)
  3. Vinny #1 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

What notification setting? Im pretty sure the xbox companion app is just busted
    Windows 10 notifications.

Whenever I play Streaming mode in the app, the notification settings change to not be displayed.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Not getting notifications on Xbox app

To check the system notification settings for the Xbox app, follow these steps (steps may vary depending on your device):

On your mobile device, go to the main Settings menu.

Look for the section or category related to notifications or apps.

Scroll down and locate the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.

Tap on the Xbox app to access its notification settings.

Ensure that notifications are allowed or enabled for the Xbox app.

If you still can't find the notification settings within the system settings, it's possible that the Xbox app doesn't have separate notification controls and relies on the default notification settings of your device.

If you have already verified that notifications are enabled for the Xbox app in your device's settings, and you're still not receiving friend notifications, it's likely a technical issue with the app itself.
  5. DogBoyDerekD Win User

after removal of game still notifications. how to turn off?

Hi Masglen-

The notifications you are asking about are game requests and these are sent via Xbox.

These are controlled via your Xbox "Show Game notifications" settings. To change these settings on your phone go to Games Hub > ... > settings > Show game notifications (switch to Off). Changing Xbox settings may take a while to fully propagate so may not
    have an instant effect.

Please note that unfortunately there is no way to control Xbox toast notifications on an app by app basis. So you cannot control toast notifications for an individual app such as AlphaJax at this time. This is not something the application developers have
    control over.

Please note users do not receive random game requests after 14 days of inactivity on AlphaJax.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Notification of friends online on the xbox how to remove this?

To change your notification settings, press the Xbox button
    to open the guide, and then select System >
    Settings > Preferences >
    Notifications. You can choose what to do with individual Xbox and app notifications (or turn all notifications off), adjust the duration of pop-up notifications, and more.
Thema:

1. Xbox App notifications settings won’t change - Similar Threads - App notifications settings

2. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  3. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  4. Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family App Notification SOUND not working: Trying to get notifications to have a sound for the Xbox Family App on my iPhone 13. The sound is ticked to On in my notifications in settings. Also the iOS is the latest version. Therefore no...
  5. Still Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, Following from my original question on 05 June 2023, I followed the most recent advice given by Geri. I did a software update for my phone, but it didn't resolve my issue. Yesterday I had to...
  6. Not receiving notification on xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving notification on xbox app: Hi, A short while ago I stopped receiving notifications on my phone when a favourite friend signs in. Never had this issue before. I still receive party invites though. I have not changed...
  7. Not getting notifications on Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not getting notifications on Xbox app: Recently, I haven’t been getting notifications for when people come online on my Xbox app, it’s just randomly stopped working at one point in the day. I have the notifications turned on and I know...
  8. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  9. Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.: I tried ALL kinds of troubleshooting. Local accounts, install/uninstall, changing around notification settings NOTHING worked. When my friend types I get a notification but never from an...
  10. Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you login on Xbox console by sending a notification to the Authenticator app?: Without typing the code on Microsoft.com/link every single time? submitted by /u/Own-Store6135 [link] [comments]