Xbox app: “not you? Switch accounts” button not working

Discus and support Xbox app: “not you? Switch accounts” button not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve read other threads and I’ve reset and repaired the app but he button still doesn’t work. Any ideas? 4226a7cb-e893-43b8-a6b1-f20cc2443d56 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by shea seeney, May 28, 2023.

1. shea seeney
    shea seeney Guest

I’ve read other threads and I’ve reset and repaired the app but he button still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

:)

shea seeney, May 28, 2023
  2. shea seeney Win User

Also if it matters, my Microsoft store app doesn’t let me sign back in after I sign out- I’ve reset that in setting as well and it signs me back in after.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Shea. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app, try to use the switch account feature again and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try using the switch account feature again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  4. Benjamin Fox 1710 Win User

Unable to switch account through xbox app

i tried on my brother's pc. his xbox apps working well. so i decided to reinstall the xbox apps. bang!! its working. now i can switch between 2 account
    Was your "Switch Account" button just not working? I have that issue and have reinstalled the xbox app several times with no luck
  5. august grayson Win User

Switch account button not working on xbox pc app

Nope not doing anything at all
  6. Dericka Win User

Switch account button not working on xbox pc app

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. May I know is it giving an error message or error code? Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox app: “not you? Switch accounts” button not working - Similar Threads - app “not Switch

2. My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monitor switches off and back on every time I switch games or apps: So.. every time I switch from one game to another or just switch from a game to my setting or even Home Screen my monitor will shut off for about 2-3 seconds then switch back on. This isn’t a huge...
  3. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  4. Can’t switch Xbox account on pc Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t switch Xbox account on pc Xbox app: Hi can anyone help I’m trying to switch to my Xbox account with the Xbox app on pc but it’s not letting me it singing the last account that was originally signed in...
  5. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  6. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  7. I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app: I want to install games onto my HDD as the default drive is an ssd with not much space. When I try to switch it to my H drive (the HDD) it says I need to select a folder but whenever I select a...
  8. Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...: So I recently installed windows 11 and setup the PC with primary account A. When I went to use the xbox app the account had automatically signed in. I went to sign out and sign in to the correct...
  9. Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps

in XboX Insiders
    Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps: Hey I have an Xbox series x. Recently I got lies of p and strange enough the screen gets darker when playing from switching from apps. Does anyone else get that problem and have any advice...
  10. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps: Hello everyone, I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix. My setup is as follows: Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector When I navigate to certain applications (Disney,...