xbox app not recognizing drives

Discus and support xbox app not recognizing drives in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been dealing with this for a few days now, gone through every fix the internet has to offer and waited through xbox support queues only to be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dont Be A Peach, Dec 4, 2022.

1. xbox app not recognizing drives

I have been dealing with this for a few days now, gone through every fix the internet has to offer and waited through xbox support queues only to be stuck with the same issue. I just bought a new xbox series X and game pass ultimate and now i cannot download games on the xbox app on my PC. I can goto the microsoft store and download games i own and even choose a drive to dowmload game pass games to from the store but they dont download. I have done every fix that these forums, reddit, and youtube can give me and nothing works... please help me, I am at my wits end with this issue.

:)

Dont Be A Peach, Dec 4, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC)

I see. Don't think it's the drive but the Xbox app. :/ Some glitch with it not recognizing the drive. Rodoggio, try to report this issue on the insiders hub app on your windows.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties downloading games on your Xbox app. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What are the device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Disable third-party antivirus application

Disable performance enhancement apps

Perform Cleanboot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Create a new Windows Profile

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

SFC SCAN

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Downloading games to an external drive Windows 10

If the app is not recognizing the drive as a storage medium then try formatting the drive and see if that helps
  6. iTsFx Win User

Xbox app isn't allowing me to install games on my D: drive because it isn't NTFS even though it is formatted as NTFS.

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

It's possible that there is a configuration issue with the Xbox app, or that the app is not properly recognizing the format of your D: drive. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the drive format: Double-check that your D: drive is formatted as NTFS. You can do this by right-clicking on the drive in File Explorer, selecting "Properties," and then looking at the "File system" field. If the drive is not formatted as NTFS, you may need to reformat it.

Run the Xbox app as administrator: Right-click on the Xbox app icon and select "Run as administrator." This may help the app recognize the format of your D: drive and allow you to install games on it.

Reinstall the Xbox app: If running the app as administrator doesn't work, try reinstalling the app. To do this, open the Start menu, find the Xbox app, right-click on it, and select "Uninstall." Then, go to the Microsoft Store, search for the Xbox app, and reinstall it.

Contact Microsoft support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide a solution.

Hopefully one of these steps will help you get the Xbox app to recognize your D: drive as NTFS and allow you to install games on it.
Thema:

1. xbox app not recognizing drives - Similar Threads - app recognizing drives

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  4. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data): Hi Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC, utilizing the "keep personal data" option....
  7. Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.: Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games. I've uninstalled all my games to try and see what game it recognizes to no avail....
  8. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...
  9. 3rd party controller not recognized by xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    3rd party controller not recognized by xbox app: I've been trying to play guilty gear on my pc but the game won't recognize RAC-j503b controller. Guilty Gear is downloaded on my computer but when I tried mortal kombat 11 through cloud gaming it...
  10. Why is my Game Pass mobile app not recognizing my Ultimate subscription?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Pass mobile app not recognizing my Ultimate subscription?: I have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription that I've verified as active in my MS subscriptions. Recurring billing was on but I switched it off. The Xbox Windows app recognizes my Ultimate...