Xbox App not installing - Stuck on making things awesome (Microsoft store not working either)

Discus and support Xbox App not installing - Stuck on making things awesome (Microsoft store not working either) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tried downloading the installer from https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/apps/xbox-app-for-pc but when I open it (as administrator or normally) it just gets... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NeedForHorizon7, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Xbox App not installing - Stuck on making things awesome (Microsoft store not working either)

I tried downloading the installer from https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/apps/xbox-app-for-pc but when I open it (as administrator or normally) it just gets stuck on "making things awesome". I also can't download anything from the Microsoft Store for some reason. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 with OS Build: 18363.1256

:)

NeedForHorizon7, Nov 14, 2021
  2. NeedForHorizon7 Win User

Xbox App not installing - Stuck on making things awesome (Microsoft store not working either)

Thanks for the advice, as I couldn't update my windows in settings for some reason I downloaded the windows may 2021 update using windows upgrade assistant and then I could update my windows which fixed the Microsoft store. Anyway you can probably close this thread now
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey NeedforHorizon7, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Ok, first, try to clean the cache on your store and try to download the app again from there, please. :)

1. Type CMD in the search bar;

2. Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator;

3. At the Command Prompt screen type wsreset.exe and press Enter;

Wait for the process to finish, the store will open, when it opens you close and restart your PC.

If this doesn't work:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Microsoft store > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Awesome! Glad to know you manage to sort it out.

Cheers!
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Installer stuck on "Making Things Awesome"

You will have to update your windows to the latest version in case 21H2, the version you are using is already very old, to update your system, please follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

If there are no updates to be done, download it manually from the site below and install it on your computer

On the website above click on update now, this will download an executable, then just proceed with the update installation.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Installer stuck on "Making Things Awesome"

Which Windows 10 or 11 are you using?

The system is updated to the latest version, check this by going to the settings in the about tab and seeing the system version.
Thema:

1. Xbox App not installing - Stuck on making things awesome (Microsoft store not working either) - Similar Threads - App installing Stuck

2. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  3. I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to install the Xbox app on my new PC and it gets stuck about 10% of the...: I have tried to install Xbox app about 10 different ways at this point and I get nothing. Perma stuck at 10%. 11f5a1bf-8420-49f6-afac-31376c7c11ce
  4. Xbox App download stuck on "Downloading...". When installing from xbox site, showing me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App download stuck on "Downloading...". When installing from xbox site, showing me...: First, i have 2 issues My first issue is that I can't start Minecraft Launcher because it says me to log in and then the sign in menu shows me "Webview2-runtime needs to be installed". But after...
  5. Stuck installing an app and its stuck on 0 Bytes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck installing an app and its stuck on 0 Bytes.: Ive tried restarting the download and every time I do it changes the amount it has to download. For example: It will say 0.00 Bytes out of 9.81 mb. Its stuck there for a long while so I try it...
  6. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  7. Xbox app game install stuck at 100% - Error code 0x80070032

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app game install stuck at 100% - Error code 0x80070032: I decided to try download the new Texas Chainsaw Masacare game from gamepass. The game got fully downloaded but then popped up saying there is an error. [img] Once i saw that i tried the few...
  8. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  9. game stuck in installation queue on the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game stuck in installation queue on the xbox app: game stuck in installation queue on the xbox app, ive ran every possible soultion no one has been able to help me at all. i shouldnt have to reset my entire computer for an app...
  10. Microsoft Store stuck on pending or not installing an app

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store stuck on pending or not installing an app: I have had several issues with both microsoft store and Xbox App not showing/installing apps or games. I have tried the steps in:...