xbox app never stops checking for updates

Discus and support xbox app never stops checking for updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried everything im trying to download Skyrim but i cant because in manage downloads it says checking for updates ive tried restarting my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ari Inkster, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Ari Inkster
    Ari Inkster Guest

I've tried everything im trying to download Skyrim but i cant because in manage downloads it says checking for updates ive tried restarting my coumputer ive tried defragging I've tried uninstalling and re installing wiping the app repairing the app the command terminal everything

:)

Ari Inkster, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Ari Inkster Win User

so i what i did was i formatted the harddrive Couse i tried everything else (in my case i had to it no matter what anyways) so im sorry i cant help much the best i can do is list what i tried

( i had the exact same problem were its checking for updates wich is why you asked )

sorry man
  3. Craig Perry Win User

Hi there. Would like to jump in. I am having the exact same issue.

I tried to install Hellblade, but it is stuck, I cannot cancel or pause the installation. I cannot launch any other games from the xbox either.

I have reinstalled and reinstalled but the hellblade installation is still stuck.

[​IMG]
  4. Ari Inkster Win User

ok I've tried all of though none of them worked but solution 3 did this in powershell
    [​IMG]
  5. Ari Inkster Win User

this is what it shows

[​IMG]
  6. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Please go to Settings > System > About. What is the Windows Version you see under Windows Specifications?
Thema:

1. xbox app never stops checking for updates - Similar Threads - app never stops

2. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  3. Hello. My xbox app on my mobile opens but nothing in it wants to load. It has never had...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello. My xbox app on my mobile opens but nothing in it wants to load. It has never had...: I can launch the app but nothing in it wants to load. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling even clearing the storage and caches but it still doesnt work nothing in it loads but i can still launch...
  4. When I go to the insiders app on pc it says join, does this mean I never joined on my Xbox?...

in XboX Insiders
    When I go to the insiders app on pc it says join, does this mean I never joined on my Xbox?...: Sorry for long title, basically short story short: Xbox error E201, do everything Microsoft tells me too do so they tell me to send to repair shop so I did, well you see they did everything and...
  5. When launching the xbox app on pc it sits in the logo forever and never loads. How do i fix...

in XBoX on Windows
    When launching the xbox app on pc it sits in the logo forever and never loads. How do i fix...: Please help me. i cant send a picture as it just says failed to upload Also when i try to login on the Xbox website it redirects me back to the website not allowing me to sign in...
  6. Game Pass page on Xbox App on Windows 11 ,Will never load (just blank)

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass page on Xbox App on Windows 11 ,Will never load (just blank): I am an Xbox insider(Windows Gaming Preview) for the past year . Today, i was opining the Xbox app to find that the Game Pass Page won't load any images or any thing ,Although the search bar in...
  7. My xbox app will suddenly crash and never open again ive factory reset my pc and thats the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox app will suddenly crash and never open again ive factory reset my pc and thats the...: ill be playing a game like normal then the game crashes and my xbox app wont open again. it sits on the initial loading screen forever f16946b6-be05-452d-a954-7978399ee964
  8. Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app "Gaming Services" needed, but never installs?: Woke up this morning and been troubleshooting this for an hour now. Launch Xbox app and saw all my games were not listed and this notification: [img] Click install and nothing happens, just...
  9. Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never.: Well, my Xbox app doesn't launch when I click on, it only tries to load but after a secs it closes. I have tried to repair the app, to reset it (in Settings), to uninstall and install, and same...
  10. purchased in app for coins for over watch and was charged but never received coin how do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchased in app for coins for over watch and was charged but never received coin how do I...: Is there a number I can call? It was my son and trying to figure out how to do this -- thank you in advance fc68c704-f8a8-47a3-82cd-eda35fb2c8ea