Xbox App logs into wrong account

Discus and support Xbox App logs into wrong account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought my son a gaming PC a couple of days ago. When he logs into the Xbox app he is logged in with a different (older) gamer account. This makes it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tiamats Eve, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Tiamats Eve
    Tiamats Eve Guest

I bought my son a gaming PC a couple of days ago. When he logs into the Xbox app he is logged in with a different (older) gamer account. This makes it unable to use the Ultimate Game Pass he got with his Xbox Series X. I saw a post with a response from December of 2021 that says you can delete a couple of folders from the TokenBroker directory but unfortunately that has not worked for me. I have deleted/reinstalled the app several times, reverified his email address in what I think is every possible location he could be logged into...I'm stumped. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

:)

Tiamats Eve, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Tiamats! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If he uses the same email account in the Xbox.com site he logs in with a different gamertag?

To use the game pass subscription please be sure to log with the account that shows the active suscription in this site on the Microsoft store app

https://account.microsoft.com/services
  3. joshato Win User

xbox app is logging into the wrong account.

You are a god damn life saver.
  4. SammyVS Win User

xbox app is logging into the wrong account.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Open File Explorer.
    Navigate to the following:
    C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.

Don't worry if the folder has different characters, delete it, restart your PC and try again.
  5. ChunkyHunkMonky Win User

I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar

Ok, so i completed all of the tasks and restarted my computer. Upon opening the Microsoft store I was already logged in on the wrong account. I tried logging out and back in on the Microsoft store but any attempt to log into my Xbox account just cancels the log-in attempt and it doesn't log in to anything. I tried logging into my Xbox app and gamer bar but same issue as before
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

XBOX App Keeps Logging Me Into Wrong Account

Sorry, is in accounts > email and accounts > under accounts used by other apps select "Add a Microsoft account > once you add the other account select "Microsoft apps can sign me in"

Then try again

-----------

If that doesn't work I can advise you other things:

(RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Or:

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. Xbox App logs into wrong account - Similar Threads - App logs wrong

2. Having trouble logging into Xbox on the app, and in-game. WebView2 Runtime framework message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble logging into Xbox on the app, and in-game. WebView2 Runtime framework message.: I recently resetting my computer just yesterday. I went to re-download an app I had previously and that all went fine, I was able to get to the login page on the launcher easily. While doing this,...
  3. Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.: When I try to log into Minecraft, I get error code: Bat, which apparently means I have to log into the Xbox app. When I download the Xbox app, it looks like it doesn't load properly, only showing...
  4. Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app: Hello, Please excuse me if this has been addressed, I was unable to find this specific question being answered. I am attempting to log into the MS Xbox app on windows 11. I select "Use a...
  5. 0x89235107 error when logging into xbox pc app

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x89235107 error when logging into xbox pc app: Every time I try to sign into the xbox pc app for the first time each time I boot my pc up, I have to reinstall the xbox app for it to work. 23b8b58f-cc1e-4281-8321-400a44c387bc
  6. I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX: When I try to log into the Xbox game app it will load forever on the black screen with the white Xbox logo. I can wait and wait forever, and nothing will ever happen. I can right click on the...
  7. I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox: I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox, keeps saying login failed, it's the right details I'm putting in. I can log into this account fine...
  8. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  9. I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app: I forgot my account password while trying to log into the Xbox app and I used my phone number for recovery but I forgot I must’ve added two factor a long time ago so I had to get a code from my...
  10. Xbox PC app automatically logging in to the wrong account and no 'Use other account' option

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox PC app automatically logging in to the wrong account and no 'Use other account' option: I have two MS accounts, one Windows account, one Xbox account and i want to login on my new Windows PC as follows: Windows: Windows account Microsoft Store App: Xbox account Xbox App (game pass...