XBOX App Keeps Logging Me Into Wrong Account

Discus and support XBOX App Keeps Logging Me Into Wrong Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to play Sea of Thieves on a specific account, but whenever I try and load into the game it logs into my other account. I know that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by seazd, Oct 1, 2022.

1. seazd
    seazd Guest

I'm trying to play Sea of Thieves on a specific account, but whenever I try and load into the game it logs into my other account. I know that the reason is that my XBOX (computer) app account is logged into my other account, the one I don't want to play on, but whenever I try and log into a different account, it doesn't let me. I log out, click sign into a different account, click sign in, and it automatically puts me into the account I don't want to be in, without asking me anything. Is there any fix for this?

:)

seazd, Oct 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sorry, is in accounts > email and accounts > under accounts used by other apps select "Add a Microsoft account > once you add the other account select "Microsoft apps can sign me in"

Then try again

-----------

If that doesn't work I can advise you other things:

(RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Or:

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SEAZD

Please try this to see if that does the trick:
    Open Windows settings > Accounts > sign in options > check if automatic sign-in info is enabled and disable it

After that try again.

If the issue persists do this:

Sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox Identity Provider app > click on it and select advanced options. (If you're not able to find it don't worry)

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Finally try to sign in again and let me know
  4. seazd Win User

The final step didn't work, but for the other 2 I couldn't figure out what you meant.

In the "Sign-in options" tab on settings, there is no tab that states if my automatic sign-in information is enabled or disabled.

I was able to repair the Xbox app, but that didn't work, and I wasn't quite sure as to what you meant when you said the "Xbox Identity Provider app". I don't have that app on my computer.

My current account on my computer is listed as my account's email that I don't want to use, rather than the one I want to use. I previously factory reset my computer, and before the reset, my other email was being used on my computer. Either way, I was previously given the option to choose which account I logged into, so I'm not quite sure. Thanks for your help.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox App logs into wrong account

Hi Tiamats! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If he uses the same email account in the Xbox.com site he logs in with a different gamertag?

To use the game pass subscription please be sure to log with the account that shows the active suscription in this site on the Microsoft store app

https://account.microsoft.com/services
  6. joshato Win User

xbox app is logging into the wrong account.

You are a god damn life saver.
Thema:

1. XBOX App Keeps Logging Me Into Wrong Account - Similar Threads - App Keeps Logging

2. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  3. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  4. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  5. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  6. Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.: On both my phone and Xbox Game Bar, it keeps telling me that I earned points, but when I go to open the app, nothing comes up and it just takes me to my profile. Only about 35% of the time does it...
  7. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  8. How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?: Each time I try to open my rewards app on console it states that I need to update my location and won't allow me to go any further so therefore I have lost my streak and Microsoft support haven't...
  9. Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.: So in the Xbox app PC, I am into my friend's account to try a game he had but now whenever I try to log back into mine I click sign out then when I sign in it just does a black screen for 2...
  10. Keep getting this error trying to log in to the xbox (beta) app. Any help cheers

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting this error trying to log in to the xbox (beta) app. Any help cheers: [IMG] submitted by /u/d1strbd [link] [comments]