Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game

Discus and support Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I go on the xbox app, try to install any game and am given a screen saying to install "gaming services" which I do, but am given the same pop up to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Colombian Pengu, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game

I go on the xbox app, try to install any game and am given a screen saying to install "gaming services" which I do, but am given the same pop up to install it again. This loop has been with me for 2 years, I recently purchased the xbox game pass but cannot use the game even when I try all the solutions I could find online including reinstalling windows.

:)

Colombian Pengu, Feb 7, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good eveing

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with the Xbox app on your PC. Here are a few suggestions that may help resolve the issue:

Clear the Xbox app cache: Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Xbox app > Advanced options > Reset.

Reinstall the Xbox app: Uninstall the Xbox app and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Disable antivirus software temporarily: Some antivirus software may interfere with the Xbox app. Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and see if that resolves the issue.

Check for Windows updates: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date by checking for updates.
  3. iPyrrhus Win User

Xbox PC App: 'We Couldn't Sign You in to Xbox Live (0x80004005)' When Already Signed in Preventing Me from Playing Games

Unfortunately neither of these worked...and for a while solution 1 put me in a loop. After removing RegEdit services, I got stuck in the following loop: Launch game from Xbox app->Windows Store prompt telling me it needs to install Game Services utility->Install Game Services utility in Windows Store->Try again to launch a game in Xbox app->Again opens Windows Store to install Game Services even though it was already installed->Repeat.

Fortunately I fixed that loop with step one of solution 2 (repairing Gaming Services function in the Windows settings>applications tab), but anyone else be warned that if you don't do that part too, the app will get stuck without Game Services able to run, then you can't launch any Xbox app games.

Anyway, yes, back to square one: Still getting the same Xbox Live Sign-In error when launching Wolfenstein after attempting both of those solutions. :(
  4. Teskiiiii Win User

Xbox app on PC not showing library, cannot install new games

So yeah after installing from the link, it opens into the xbox app then prompts to install the gaming services, but doesn't allow me to install it the game after it appears to reinstall gaming services which was already installed. Pressing the button multiple times seems to loop, as it attempts to reinstall the gaming services over and over but nothing really happens.
  5. Rainbowsrfun Win User

Having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services

No, I have not been able to install any games from the MS Store app or the Xbox app.
    It has prompted me to install the Gaming Services again and seems to have installed fine.
  6. Gabe Bodnar Win User

I cannot install gaming services for the life of me

i am signed into microsoft store and the xbox app with the same account, my windows 11 and xbox app is up to date, i have used wsreset.exe on the microsoft store numerous times now, i follow each wsreset with an attempt to download gaming services either through the xbox app, or through microsoft store using the gaming services page i can access by putting the "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" command in powershell. none of these solutions have solved the problem, downloading from the xbox app still does nothing and the microsoft store still freezes the second i click install on the gaming services page. i cannot update gaming services because it isnt installed, i still cannot get it to install.

For clarification i am not having issues with updating gaming services, i am having issues INSTALLING gaming services. i was having other issues with gaming services before hand and the fix i followed involved uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services, the problem is that i cannot re install gaming services, NOT that i cannot update it. i do not have the app installed and i am trying to install it. reinstalling gaming services is quite literally the last step in the fix of the previous issues, but now i have a different one. (not being able to REINSTALL gaming services)
Thema:

1. Xbox app issue - gaming services install loop when installing any game - Similar Threads - app issue gaming

2. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  4. Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ok ongoing issue installing apps and games stalling on X series: [img] Sorry to ask the question again but Kathy A closed the task I had open. I was waiting for a replacement xbox to arrive to check if it will work. Sadly it does not and I am getting over this...
  5. Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games: I haven't played any games with PC Game pass for a while before this but recently I really wanted to try Cities Skylines 2 but Xbox won't let me log in. It keeps on showing me error code...
  6. Xbox Game Bar & App Microphone Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar & App Microphone Issues: I have been experiencing an issue in which my mic isn’t picked up my Xbox game bar or xbox app unless I actively have the app or game bar open. Once I close either, my mic is not picked up but I...
  7. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  8. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...
  9. Game won't install, can't pause or cancel, and many other issues with Xbox app and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install, can't pause or cancel, and many other issues with Xbox app and...: I attempted to install Stardew Valley, however, when I tried, it got to 5.2mb and then stopped downloading, 0mb/s. I tried pausing it to see what would happen, but when I tried, it just said...
  10. Issues with downloading games via the Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading games via the Xbox app: I have recently had huge issues downloading games over the Xbox app. For understanding of my setup. I have 1G/1G fiber internet. I also have 10G fiber from my desktop to my switch out to the...