xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to...

Discus and support xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've connected my Xbox Series S to remote play numerous times including yesterday, but now that I'm away from home, it is saying that it looks like I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/brasscatz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. /u/brasscatz
    /u/brasscatz Guest

xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to...

I've connected my Xbox Series S to remote play numerous times including yesterday, but now that I'm away from home, it is saying that it looks like I haven't set up a console yet.

I am able to turn on my console remotely using Alexa, but it wants me to click "enable", which alexa can't do for me. Is there a way to enable this setting on your console remotely?

Also, any ideas as to why the xbox app can't seem to remember my console?

I've tried on my phone and my iPad with no luck.

submitted by /u/brasscatz
    [link] [comments]

/u/brasscatz, Nov 24, 2022
  2. MILLERTIME9235 Win User

Xbox Remote Play does not work on the go! Please help!

Why even have remote play then? Isn’t that kind of a terrible feature? If you need to be in the same location as your Xbox to get it to work, why not just play on your console? Shouldn’t the point of remote play to be able to play on the go when you’re away from your home?
  3. Shigurui Win User

*An opportunity for Xbox One to dominate*

RippenHarra

the vita doesn't perform as advertised away from the console situation.
    Wrong, I remote play PS4 games on my Vita from around 30 miles away from home when on site work, it performs flawlessly.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home

Hello Young Dolph,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to remote play your using an Android phone and is unable to because you are getting an error that says you cannot connect to your console. Let us check on this together and make sure to sort this out so that you can remote play with your Xbox console games.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you able to remote play using other devices other than your phone?

2. What is the version of your Android phone?

For the meantime, here are the settings between your Xbox Console and your phone device before starting remote play.

1. First, enable the sleep power option and remote features on your console.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
    • Select the Enable remote features checkbox.
    • Under Power options, select Sleep.
    Note If your console power mode isn’t set to Sleep, remote play won’t work.

To learn more about adjusting your console's power mode settings, see: About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

2. On a mobile device:

• Open the Xbox app for PC.
    • Click on your profile picture and select View profile.
    • Under Where I play, select the Add a console option and follow the steps shown.

For your reference, see the links below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Triet Nguyen Win User

Remote play on Xbox App

I have similar issue.

What doesn't work:

• Remote Control from Standy On : Cannot touch Xbox button or Turn On Console to truly power on the console.
    • Remote Play from Standby On: Cannot connect to the console, even though the router can find the console connected to network, can ping to the console through router console.
    • Game management: cannot install or uninstall games
    What does work:

• Change console name: using Xbox app to change console name, the updated name reflects on Xbox app Beta, Xbox Game Streaming (Test app) for PC. This means the apps still be able to connect to the console, sending signal to the console.
    • Remote play when Powered on: remote play/console streaming feature can be used only and if only the console is turn on, with the Xbox button on console lighted on. Work on both External and internal networks => not related to NAT(Open type) or Remote settings because all testings give green status. ==> However, having the console turn on directly in-home or having someone at home to turn on the console for me is not the point of remote play. The console is supposed to be turn on in background for remote play from External network!
    This issue should be fixed before anything else!
Thema:

1. xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to... - Similar Threads - app isn't remembering

2. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  3. Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing

in XboX Insiders
    Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing: Why can't I change my profile picture on the Xbox mobile app without it making the Xbox mobile app freeze for no reason submitted by /u/No-Avocado6642 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox app says PIN is incorrect even though it isn't

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app says PIN is incorrect even though it isn't: I have been trying to log into the Xbox app with a different account than I logged into the computer with. However, when I enter the PIN I set up for Windows Hello, it says "The PIN is incorrect....
  5. Purchased Forza 5 on Steam but isn't showing up on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Forza 5 on Steam but isn't showing up on Xbox App: Hey all! Purchased Forza 5 a little while ago and previously was able to access the Xbox app to look for clubs. Tried tonight and a new message appears - "Unable to connect to Forza 5...
  6. Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC: Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC 2c4bf7e3-1540-4c10-9319-4cdb2683035a
  7. The Xbox app isn't showing the linked acounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox app isn't showing the linked acounts: Whenever I go to the linked accounts tab in the Xbox Mobile app, it shows an error, and I can't connect my accounts. 6fc17346-f6fe-4826-9d80-4c32e6370e5d
  8. The rewards section isn't showing in the xbox mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    The rewards section isn't showing in the xbox mobile app: For some reason my rewards Page has recently stopped appearing in the xbox mobile app. Usually it is rewards, posts, achievements and about. But now rewards isn't there anymore. At first when I...
  9. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1
  10. My xbox app isn't working at all and i dont know how to fix it!

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox app isn't working at all and i dont know how to fix it!: My xbox app isnt working at all when i trun it on the games on the left hand side i don't see them and when i try to install or launch something it says that i don't have gaming services installed...