xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to...

Discus and support xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've connected my Xbox Series S to remote play numerous times including yesterday, but now that I'm away from home, it is saying that it looks like I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/brasscatz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. /u/brasscatz
    /u/brasscatz Guest

xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to...

I've connected my Xbox Series S to remote play numerous times including yesterday, but now that I'm away from home, it is saying that it looks like I haven't set up a console yet.

I am able to turn on my console remotely using Alexa, but it wants me to click "enable", which alexa can't do for me. Is there a way to enable this setting on your console remotely?

Also, any ideas as to why the xbox app can't seem to remember my console?

I've tried on my phone and my iPad with no luck.

submitted by /u/brasscatz
    [link] [comments]

/u/brasscatz, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Shigurui Win User

*An opportunity for Xbox One to dominate*

RippenHarra

the vita doesn't perform as advertised away from the console situation.
    Wrong, I remote play PS4 games on my Vita from around 30 miles away from home when on site work, it performs flawlessly.
  3. Triet Nguyen Win User

Remote play on Xbox App

I have similar issue.

What doesn't work:

• Remote Control from Standy On : Cannot touch Xbox button or Turn On Console to truly power on the console.
    • Remote Play from Standby On: Cannot connect to the console, even though the router can find the console connected to network, can ping to the console through router console.
    • Game management: cannot install or uninstall games
    What does work:

• Change console name: using Xbox app to change console name, the updated name reflects on Xbox app Beta, Xbox Game Streaming (Test app) for PC. This means the apps still be able to connect to the console, sending signal to the console.
    • Remote play when Powered on: remote play/console streaming feature can be used only and if only the console is turn on, with the Xbox button on console lighted on. Work on both External and internal networks => not related to NAT(Open type) or Remote settings because all testings give green status. ==> However, having the console turn on directly in-home or having someone at home to turn on the console for me is not the point of remote play. The console is supposed to be turn on in background for remote play from External network!
    This issue should be fixed before anything else!
  4. smileskybird Win User

Forums are Wonky

I noticed it wouldn't display your profile picture the last two days but they fixed it.

Since yesterday morning though, the My Xbox Live App for android on Samsung smartphones doesn't work (but the Xbox 1 smart glass app does). I use these apps for checking on Xbox stuff when I'm away from home. With the My Xbox Live App for Samsung android
    when I click on the sign in screen I get this

XBOX

LIVE

Couldn't sign in to Xbox LIVE. Please try again.

Sign in.

I've tried and un-install and installed the app again from Playstore. Still the same thing. Do note that the Xbox One Smart glass app does work when I launch it away from home on my phone. Also the
    Xbox 360 smart glass app works fine for when I want to use my phone as a remote for my 360 slim console.
  5. CKsjusd Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

All of the sudden I am now experiencing this issue. I have never had problems until today. I haven't tried in over a month. This sucks. Finally wrapped up what I am working on and have some time to play.
  6. BrighamHill Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

Yea, mine is now intermittent. I will have to restart my Xbox when I get home.
Thema:

1. xbox app isn't remembering my console for remote play and I'm away from home with no way to... - Similar Threads - app isn't remembering

2. Console isn't appearing in library within the app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Console isn't appearing in library within the app.: I just set up my new Series S earlier, with the app, and it's not showing up within the library. I bought the console new, and did the setup, so where could it be?...
  3. Xbox Game App - This location isn't set up for installing games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game App - This location isn't set up for installing games.: I have had this issue for a week, and have followed various threads on here or on reddit forums and nothing has worked for me. Please can you help me as I have literally tried everything and its...
  4. Can't install games on XBox App "this location isn't setup for installing games"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install games on XBox App "this location isn't setup for installing games": I'm on a Win 10 PC. I had no issues until 2 days ago when I tried to change the install drive for one game to c: instead of my storage drive f: . The Xbox App immediately gave the "this location...
  5. "Sorry! This game or app isn't compatible with your console"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry! This game or app isn't compatible with your console": Hi So I have this strange issue... whenever I try to install certain Xbox one games from game pass or store on my Xbox one console the above error on title appears and stops downloading. The...
  6. [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games.": Whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app I always get the same error: "This location isn't set up for installing games." Although, Whenever I go into "Set it as your location for...
  7. this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app: Hi, I've all of a sudden been getting "this location isn't setup for installing games xbox app" when trying to install games on the Xbox PC app on Windows 11. I click on the link provided on...
  8. Xbox app isn't showing friends on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app isn't showing friends on PC?: This is more of an update thread for anyone having this problem Post 2018 (last time i saw a thread updated for this issue) Press the windows key and type apps, then click Apps & Features Search...
  9. 6/29/2022 Microsoft rewards app isn't loading/working

in XBoX on Windows
    6/29/2022 Microsoft rewards app isn't loading/working: Like others, I am still not receiving points through the app. Not getting awarded the 50 points for achievements and not getting points for other things. I will be completing 159 weeks this week...
  10. Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't the XBox App version of Doom 3 not starting on my laptop and XBox Support not...: I have been in touch with Microsoft XBox Support at least 6 times now over the phone reporting that Doom 3 will not even start on my near new gaming laptop (which is definitely high spec enough...