Xbox App is missing dependencies that cannot be reinstalled

Discus and support Xbox App is missing dependencies that cannot be reinstalled in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox Identity provider and purchase app are both missing from the Xbox app. This is not a visual glitch, they did get uninstalled. It's affecting games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Clumsycows, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Clumsycows
    Clumsycows Guest

Xbox Identity provider and purchase app are both missing from the Xbox app. This is not a visual glitch, they did get uninstalled. It's affecting games to the point where I can not play some because the sign in prompt will not initiate. I do not want to reset my computer unless it's 100% needed.

:)

Clumsycows, Dec 31, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

3. Clumsycows Win User

I tried all of these and nothing helped. The xbox app and the microsoft store will not allow me to redownload "Xbox identity provider"
  4. Clumsycows Win User

That did not fix the problem either.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Xbox app on your device. It sounds like you may have some missing dependencies that are causing problems with the app.

Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app installed. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store.

Reset the app: If the above step doesn't work, you can try resetting the Xbox app. To do this, go to the Start menu, search for "Apps & features," and then select the Xbox app. Click "Advanced options," and then click the "Reset" button.

Reinstall the app: If resetting the app doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall the app. To do this, go to the Start menu, search for "Apps & features," and then select the Xbox app. Click "Uninstall," and then follow the prompts to remove the app. Once it's uninstalled, you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Check for system updates: Make sure that your device is running the latest version of Windows 10. You can check for updates in the Settings app.

Check your internet connection: Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and that you have a strong and stable connection.
  6. usinfantry1516 Win User

Xbox PC App Dependencies Missing

Hello,

I've been having this error for the past week, it seems my xbox app can't find the missing dependencies and when I click on install I get a popup message from the microsoft store that they've been installed but nothing changes. It reverts back to missing
    no matter how many times I "install" it. I've also noticed that my subscriptions failed to load, which is an issue I see a lot of people are having.

I've tried switching the default save location for apps back to the drive Windows 10 is installed but that made no difference. I've tried reinstalling the xbox app but that didn't help either.

I have no idea what to do save reinstalling Windows but that's such a headache. I've attached an image for clarification.

[​IMG]
    Have you had any fix for this? I have the same issue, plus it won't let me log into my account under gaming account. So none of my games are there also.
Thema:

1. Xbox App is missing dependencies that cannot be reinstalled - Similar Threads - App missing dependencies

2. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  3. Xbox app bonus points missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app bonus points missing: This recent week, I've noticed the Xbox app quests are missing and the play a game for jeweled quest has been reduced from 50pts a day to only 5pts, which makes it pointless to bother given the...
  4. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  5. Why is Jewel and the daily login bonus ( for Microsoft rewards) missing from the Xbox app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Jewel and the daily login bonus ( for Microsoft rewards) missing from the Xbox app...: Typically each morning I go to the Xbox app and play a level of jewel to get 30 Microsoft reward points. I also get another 15 points as a daily login bonus. It's also an option to play a PC game...
  6. Xbox Accessories App PC Keyboard Option Missing

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories App PC Keyboard Option Missing: I am new to the program and joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League in order to test keyboard mapping to the Elite 2 controller. I followed the instructions but do not see the option to...
  7. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  8. The Xbox app game library missing older content.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app game library missing older content.: The Windows Xbox app game library does not show games purchase from the Microsoft Store that were previously accessed via the Xbox Companion App. Only current Game Pass and Xbox Store content is...
  9. I have a problem with missing captures from my xbox mobile app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem with missing captures from my xbox mobile app.: Today i took a lot of photos that were uploaded to the xbox network and and the photoshoots took around 4 hours and now i can't see any screenshots i took from the 4 hours ago, only from the...
  10. Xbox app "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC"

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC": My xbox app loads to the above stated message at the bottom of my screen (picture wont upload for some reason). I cannot click anything to view the xbox app settings. I am on windows 11 it is a...