Xbox App gobbling up and wasting data

Discus and support Xbox App gobbling up and wasting data in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I decided to start up a download of Halo Infinite + Campaign overnight, and closed all other unnecessary apps, disabled auto-updates of whatever... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Dec 26, 2021.

  1. Xbox App gobbling up and wasting data


    I decided to start up a download of Halo Infinite + Campaign overnight, and closed all other unnecessary apps, disabled auto-updates of whatever possible, followed by resetting usage statistics to zero so that I can meter the download. Now, I wake up and find that just over half of it is done yet for some reason, it's used more than 1.5x that data? Why? Where did all that extra GB of data go to? Is the Xbox app unoptimized when it comes to internet data usage?

    For a comparison, I metered a similar download of another ~7 GB game download on Steam concurrently, and the data usage was pretty close to the intended target.

    submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/_MeltedCheese_, Dec 26, 2021
    #1
  2. Mafivee Win User

    Mores Mutual wont give me my car in Gta 5

    1 step forward 2 steps back. More deliciousness people, gobble it all up.
  3. Dark destiny Win User

    What will be your drink of choice when the Xbox one releases?

    gobble gobble

    [view:http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_01/sp_0109_13_v6.jpg]
  4. Spectrap Win User

    Favorite Aedra ( Daedric Lords )

    and ENOUGH OF this aedra and daedra confusion or I will turn you into a sweetroll and gobble you up using wabbajack
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

    Gamerpicture

    Sometime after the current crisis ends. The problem is too much bandwidth being gobbled up by people uploading graphics.
  6. Elite Rampant Win User

    Whats a Good Rpg Game?

    Most games are RPG's in that case. In Pacman you play the role of Pacman and eat ghosts because Pacman is sick that way. Can't let their souls rest in eternal peace? Gotta gobble them up.
Thema:

Xbox App gobbling up and wasting data

Loading...
  1. Xbox App gobbling up and wasting data - Similar Threads - App gobbling wasting

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  10. September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 14,...