XBox app general connection problems

Discus and support XBox app general connection problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft! Please read in case this hasn't been reported yet. 1) When starting to stream from XBox One to Windows 10 with the XBox One... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mr.Piddybuddy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. XBox app general connection problems

Hello Microsoft! Please read in case this hasn't been reported yet.

1) When starting to stream from XBox One to Windows 10 with the XBox One Controller switched on and connected to the XBox, it always says "There is no controller connected to your PC or XBox". After clicking on Next, streaming doesn't start. Stopping stream
    and starting again brings the same message, but then it shows the XBox screen and the controller works fine then. Network too slow? Using 100 Mbit/s network.

2) After changing preferences on the XBox which require restart and while connected to the XBox app and after the XBox has restarted, the app cannot re-connect. At least not instantly. It always says like "No XBox found in the network". When waiting a few
    minutes, it instantly works. So either the app does not really search for the box or the XBox announces itself only long after start. In terms of computers "long" can mean a lot, but a few minutes is like eternal.

:)

Mr.Piddybuddy, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Question: error 0x80000006

I believe this is a general connection issue. Ensure your phone and xbox are on the same home network. (Phone must be on the same wifi as the Xbox).

I've heard that a simple router reboot will also fix a lot of the general connection issues in the XboxOne Smartglass app.

VincentArriola, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Internet Expert, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest

Hi Undertaker. We appreciate the feedback. Issue one is something I haven't seen being reported. I will report this behavior to the developers to investigate. If your running Xbox App (Beta) and are able to reproduce this issue can you please report this
    issue by using "Report a problem". Even if you can't with the beta version, report it anyway and point out the app version your using for every data helps.

Second issue sounds a bit more unique than your standard can't connect your Xbox One since its occurring when your changing preferences. Data would be helpful for this issue, but unsure if your able to report this immediately after it occurs. if you can
    that would be very helpful. In the mean time I will call out these issues to the developers in our daily reports so they can review. If we have further questions we will contact you.

Thanks for the feedback,

Best

Bestlano, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Hi Bestlano!

Issue 1) I need to find the "Report a problem" page first, amongst the many others here, but do you really think I should do it? It's a minor bug. Here's a video to show it:

Issue 2) What kind of data do you have in mind? As I said, it's like this: a) You are connected to the Xbox via XBox app, no streaming. b) You change system settings and restart your XBox. Meanwhile the Xbox app detects the disconnection. c) The box has
    finished starting, the home screen is up on the TV already. You click "Connect" in the XBox app and it says "No XBox found in the network".

Mr.Piddybuddy, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Hi Undertaker,

If issue 1 can be reproduced it would be good to report it either way. Its our job to report minor to major issue since we can never tell if a minor issue will end up becoming major.

For issue 2, the repro steps you provided is the type of data we like to see, so please include it when your report it, and by reporting the issue immediately using the "report a problem" it will gather a snap shot of what is happening and report that data
    to the developers to investigate.

In order to use the "Report a problem" you will need to be running Xbox App (Beta) version. You can DL the app located here:
    www.microsoft.com/.../9NBLGGH1J27H

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Mr.Piddybuddy Win User

Hi Bestlano!

Issue 1) I need to find the "Report a problem" page first, amongst the many others here, but do you really think I should do it? It's a minor bug. Here's a video to show it:
    https://youtu.be/QvKpipEVNp0

Issue 2) What kind of data do you have in mind? As I said, it's like this: a) You are connected to the Xbox via XBox app, no streaming. b) You change system settings and restart your XBox. Meanwhile the Xbox app detects the disconnection. c) The box has
    finished starting, the home screen is up on the TV already. You click "Connect" in the XBox app and it says "No XBox found in the network".
  8. Bestlano Win User

Hi Undertaker,

If issue 1 can be reproduced it would be good to report it either way. Its our job to report minor to major issue since we can never tell if a minor issue will end up becoming major.

For issue 2, the repro steps you provided is the type of data we like to see, so please include it when your report it, and by reporting the issue immediately using the "report a problem" it will gather a snap shot of what is happening and report that data
    to the developers to investigate.

In order to use the "Report a problem" you will need to be running Xbox App (Beta) version. You can DL the app located here:
    www.microsoft.com/.../9NBLGGH1J27H

Thanks,

Best
  9. Bestlano Win User

Hi Undertaker. We appreciate the feedback. Issue one is something I haven't seen being reported. I will report this behavior to the developers to investigate. If your running Xbox App (Beta) and are able to reproduce this issue can you please report this
    issue by using "Report a problem". Even if you can't with the beta version, report it anyway and point out the app version your using for every data helps.

Second issue sounds a bit more unique than your standard can't connect your Xbox One since its occurring when your changing preferences. Data would be helpful for this issue, but unsure if your able to report this immediately after it occurs. if you can
    that would be very helpful. In the mean time I will call out these issues to the developers in our daily reports so they can review. If we have further questions we will contact you.

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  10. DominumStige Win User

Can’t join matchmaking

Hi!

Sometimes there may be some connection problems with the servers. Generally, simply restart the app or console, or wait until the problem is resolved. You can check the status of the apps directly from
    here.
  11. VincentArriola Win User

Question: error 0x80000006

I believe this is a general connection issue. Ensure your phone and xbox are on the same home network. (Phone must be on the same wifi as the Xbox).

I've heard that a simple router reboot will also fix a lot of the general connection issues in the XboxOne Smartglass app.
Thema:

1. XBox app general connection problems - Similar Threads - app general connection

2. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  3. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  4. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  5. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  6. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  7. xbox game pass pc general settings error and inability to install anything via xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game pass pc general settings error and inability to install anything via xbox app.: Hi, Hi I wanted to install a new game via game pass on my pc, but it kinda failed. It wanted to install the gaming services(img 1). After installing it, and looking it up in the Microsoft Store,...
  8. Xbox App doesn't let me change the default install location in Settings > General

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App doesn't let me change the default install location in Settings > General: I'm using Windows 10 64-bit. In the Game Install Options Section, if I click the Change where this app installs games by default I get a drop down list of different drives to pick from, no matter...
  9. I can't enter general settings in xbox app for pc

in XboX Insiders
    I can't enter general settings in xbox app for pc: I don't know what I need to do can you help? submitted by /u/ClerkGreat5074 [link] [comments]
  10. Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general: I have been attempting to stream through the twitch app with others however it no longer asks the other person to allow their audio or even show that check box to allow it and I am perplexed on...