Xbox App Games Installing With Incorrect Language

Discus and support Xbox App Games Installing With Incorrect Language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got Gamepass for PC for the first time in a while and I tried to download Persona 3 Portable and Monster Hunter Rise. What I did not realize at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AbelVelez1, Jan 27, 2023.

1. AbelVelez1
    AbelVelez1 Guest

I just got Gamepass for PC for the first time in a while and I tried to download Persona 3 Portable and Monster Hunter Rise. What I did not realize at the time was that when I recently installed the Japanese Regional Language pack on my computer, Japanese was left as the higher priority language. As such, these two games recognized my computer's language as Japanese and installed as such. I need the games in English, so I uninstalled the language pack and uninstalled the games. The problem is that whenever I reinstall the games, they have memorized their language settings as Japanese and I cannot find out how to change it, there is no setting in game at least for Persona. How can I get them to stop doing this?

:)

AbelVelez1, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please make sure that your Windows language & region are set correctly. Please refer to the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/man...

Please also reset your Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    Select the More icon next to the app you want to fix.
    Select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Reset.
  3. SF_1 Win User

Xbox one x Hong Kong, game disc from US, game language to Chinese?

So i tried again. Halo installed in Chinese (in-game text and voices) properly, so that one is fine.

Call of Duty apparently had no option to change the subtitles language at all.

Far cry 4 had the option to change subtitles language in the game menu, but chinese was not one of them.

Both Call of duty and Far cry 4 are available in the Hong Kong app store. But there is no way to know rhe supported languages in the app store. If i buy it from the hong kong app store then would the games get installed in their chinese versions?

I am assuming that that all the games in the Hong kong app store would support chinese, at least with subtitles. Is that an incorrect assumption?
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

In-game language incorrect

Hi,

have you tried to change the settings in the game itself usually you can change the language from there
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

My Sea of Thieves launches with chinese language!

Hi HalvorElgåen! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Do you play the game trough the Xbox app or steam? Trough the Xbox app the game will only have the System language, if you installed the app using a different region you need to uninstall the Xbox app and reset the Microsoft store configuration then install the Xbox app again and install the game
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Can not change language for Skyrim (some other games as well)

Usually the games language settings depend on your device settings, so if you set your device/ Xbox app language to English, it should be the same in game. For some games you might have to download them again depending on how the developer packed the different language files. However, if you are facing this language issue with all of your game, please check for any update on your device, clearing the cache and if the issue persists try uninstalling the Xbox app and install it again.
Thema:

1. Xbox App Games Installing With Incorrect Language - Similar Threads - App Games Installing

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  6. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  7. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  8. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  9. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  10. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...