Xbox app game root regen.

Discus and support Xbox app game root regen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox app download games on my C drive however .Gamingroot file is generated on both the c drive and e drive how can I remove the one on my E... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjamin Wang2, Jul 19, 2023.

  1. Xbox app game root regen.


    I have my Xbox app download games on my C drive however .Gamingroot file is generated on both the c drive and e drive how can I remove the one on my E drive without it regenerating again when I launch the Xbox app
    Xbox app game root regen. [​IMG]



    Xbox app game root regen. [​IMG]



    Xbox app game root regen. [​IMG]


    :)
     
    Benjamin Wang2, Jul 19, 2023
    #1
  2. Benjamin Wang2 Win User

    Xbox app game root regen.

    yes but how do I remove that?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

    Xbox app game root regen.

    If you remove this file, you’re going to not be able to install new games on your E: drive or you may cause problems with the Xbox app.

    You can opt to hide the file by using the Windows File Explorer option.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

    Xbox app game root regen.

    Hi, Benjamin. Please try this possible solution:

    Open PC Settings and go to System > Storage > Advanced storage options > where new content is saved.

    There, verify that you don’t have selected the E: drive for any of the categories.
    Restart your PC, and try deleting the file.

    However, if the file appears again. You can opt to format your E: drive with a different file system format.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

    Xbox app game root regen.

    Hello Benjamin, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

    Not a Microsoft employee.

    GamingRoot is a necessary file that helps the Xbox app to recognize games installed on the drives where this file appears.

    I would like to ask, did you install games on your E: drive previously?
  6. Benjamin Wang2 Win User

    Xbox app game root regen.

    I don't wish to download the games on my E drive just wondering how do I remove this download path on my Xbox app
Thema:

Xbox app game root regen.

Loading...
  1. Xbox app game root regen. - Similar Threads - app game root

  2. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  3. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  4. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  5. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  6. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  7. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  8. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  9. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  10. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...