XBOX APP GAME REFUSES TO LAUNCH

Discus and support XBOX APP GAME REFUSES TO LAUNCH in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have been experiencing lately an issue of some kind, that for no apparent reason i cannot play a certain game in the Xbox App, which is Sea of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlanTelka, May 24, 2022.

1. AlanTelka
    AlanTelka Guest

Hi!

I have been experiencing lately an issue of some kind, that for no apparent reason i cannot play a certain game in the Xbox App, which is Sea of Thieves. When I try to do that, the game boots up but immediately after closes itself, every single time. I have tried refreshing the game from Windows App Panel but it only caused the game to not be recognized anymore by the Xbox App. I have tried also reinstalling the game as well, which also hasn't been of any help. Is there any way to fix this perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

:)

AlanTelka, May 24, 2022
  2. thebigrussian37 Win User

Conan isn't working

Same problem with fortnite, digital app or game will refuse to launch
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi AlanTelka! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you been able to reinstall the game? Or you have problems on that also? After reinstalling the game does the Xbox app recognize it again or not yet?

Try this on the Xbox app and the game please to repair and reset both

Step 1: Open the Settings app. This can be done by clicking its icon in the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows logo + I.

Step 2: Click the Apps category icon and then click Apps & features to see all installed apps as well as classic desktop programs.

Step 3: Click on the app that you want to reset to see the Advanced options link. Click on the same (advanced options link).

Step 4: Finally, click the small Reset button. When you click the Reset button, you will find a small dialog box with “This will permanently delete the app’s data on this device, including your preferences and sign-in details.” Click the Reset button in the opened dialog box to reset the app.

Step 5: Once the Reset is done, you will see a check sign next to the Reset button. And restart the Pc
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Ok, so the game wasn't really reinstalled, so you can try to actually reinstall the game

Also you mentioned that you reset the Xbox app, you could try doing the same with the game, and before the reset do the repair option
  5. AlanTelka Win User

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my original message. Yes, I have reinstalled the game once the Xbox App stopped recognizing the game filesm after i reset the game from the Window Settings App Panel. Once it started dowloading, I paused and resumed it which caused the game files to be detected and soon the download was over and the game added back to my Xbox library. Yet still the problem persists.
  6. AlanTelka Win User

I had already tried doing this at the time of writing my message and as it didnt help me then, it didn't help now also. I have no clue left on what to do beside this, since the Xbox App does not offer the option of verifying the files of a certain game.
Thema:

1. XBOX APP GAME REFUSES TO LAUNCH - Similar Threads - APP GAME REFUSES

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  4. Play a PC Game isn’t working on the Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Play a PC Game isn’t working on the Xbox App: I’m just so sick of waiting. Bing Rewards is doing nothing about fixing the “Play a PC Game” challenge for over a month. They ask me the same questions, I give them the same answer, and I end up...
  5. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  6. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  7. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  8. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  9. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  10. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...