Xbox App: Game Installation Loop Bug...

Discus and support Xbox App: Game Installation Loop Bug... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem on my own for a few hours, but to no avail. So my game (Sea of Thieves) is somehow stuck in an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Solid Wolf911, May 30, 2022.

1. Xbox App: Game Installation Loop Bug...

Hello, I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem on my own for a few hours, but to no avail. So my game (Sea of Thieves) is somehow stuck in an installation loop. I uninstalled it earlier to try and reinstall due to an error I kept receiving upon launching the game. After uninstalling the game using the Apps & Features setting, I went to reinstall it through the windows store and then was prompted to download it from the Xbox app. Here's the loop;

In the Xbox app, I click "Install"

It shows a prompt to create a shortcut

I click "Install"

After that, it adds the game to the "Installed" section of the window.

A download bar shows up for less than a second then disappears

Now, where the "Install" button was, it now shows "Resume Install"

When I press that, it removes the game from the "Installed" section from the window

The "Resume Install" button reverts back to the original "Install"

This is very frustrating. I have tried restarting my computer several times, reinstalling the Xbox app, resetting both the Xbox app and the Microsoft store, signing out and back in with both apps, reinstalling Gaming services, using the "Troubleshoot" option in settings, and changing which folder my games are downloaded to. Nothing has changed

Help would be much appreciated

Edit: This is all on Windows 10

:)

Solid Wolf911, May 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Solid! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please check that you don't have any firewall or antivirus enable, also that you are not using a VPN software

Please install the console companion app and log in there, also uninstall the Xbox app then do this

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Exit Powershell then restart.

-----------------------------

After this Install the Xbox app again and follow this steps:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Clear and reset Store cache in Windows:

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.

Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 4: restart Pc and Modem/router

then

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try the games again
  3. JasonStone43534543 Win User

Microsoft Flight PC simulator login loop

It's absolutely ludicrous that in 2022 a company as big as Microsoft still can't make software without simple login loop bugs. I mean there are small indie companies that avoid these basic bugs. I have cancelled my game pass and will never buy a game on the xbox app ever again. Congratulations on losing a customer.
  4. iPyrrhus Win User

Xbox PC App: 'We Couldn't Sign You in to Xbox Live (0x80004005)' When Already Signed in Preventing Me from Playing Games

Unfortunately neither of these worked...and for a while solution 1 put me in a loop. After removing RegEdit services, I got stuck in the following loop: Launch game from Xbox app->Windows Store prompt telling me it needs to install Game Services utility->Install Game Services utility in Windows Store->Try again to launch a game in Xbox app->Again opens Windows Store to install Game Services even though it was already installed->Repeat.

Fortunately I fixed that loop with step one of solution 2 (repairing Gaming Services function in the Windows settings>applications tab), but anyone else be warned that if you don't do that part too, the app will get stuck without Game Services able to run, then you can't launch any Xbox app games.

Anyway, yes, back to square one: Still getting the same Xbox Live Sign-In error when launching Wolfenstein after attempting both of those solutions. :(
  5. Ryannuuu234 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

I have the xbox game pass and I found that I just had to uninstall and reinstall the xbox app(had already installed the 90 gb the previous night). Then run the app the first time, log in and then close the app. Restart the app and it should detect your
    flight simulator install. Running the flight simulator from the newly installed xbox app seems to get me through the infinite "press a key" loop.
  6. Teskiiiii Win User

Xbox app on PC not showing library, cannot install new games

So yeah after installing from the link, it opens into the xbox app then prompts to install the gaming services, but doesn't allow me to install it the game after it appears to reinstall gaming services which was already installed. Pressing the button multiple times seems to loop, as it attempts to reinstall the gaming services over and over but nothing really happens.
Thema:

1. Xbox App: Game Installation Loop Bug... - Similar Threads - App Game Installation

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  6. How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i delete a game that says it isn't installed on the Xbox app?: I recently downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved last night and this morning i woke up to it not being installed. It had started to download again so Cancelled the install and now its saying that i do...
  7. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  8. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...: I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough...
  9. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  10. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...