XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed

Discus and support XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I was installing Forza Horizon 5 from XBOX gamepass and I downloaded about 30 GB out of 101 GB and I paused it and shut down my PC. Few days later... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tanvir Alfesani, Nov 27, 2021.

1. XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed

So I was installing Forza Horizon 5 from XBOX gamepass and I downloaded about 30 GB out of 101 GB and I paused it and shut down my PC. Few days later when I open XBOX app, there was no game in queue. And still 101 GB is occupied in the drive. Is there any way to get rid of the occupied space?

Steps I performed,

1) WSReset.exe

2) Reinstalled XBOX

3) Troubleshooting Windows Store app.

Please help if you got any other possible solutions.

:)

Tanvir Alfesani, Nov 27, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tanvir, how are you today? Hope you're well.

This is a BUG and the developers are already aware of and are working to resolve this issue.

Regarding where the files are allocated, they are in the WINDOWSAPPS folder, by default this folder is blocked and you cannot access it, but in some cases, you can follow the instructions in the article below.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsap...

-But soon this won't be happening anymore, as the games will be able to be installed in any folder due to an update that Microsoft is about to release for the Xbox app and Microsoft store, this will solve most of the problems that customers are having, including this bug.
  3. AridLizard Win User

Installation stopped for Call of Duty

My xbox GB number hasn't changed at all so i think it is still installed but unfortunately I cannot play this game currently.
    once you start the installation of a game it reserves the required space so even if it has only downloaded 1%, your Xbox will say that it is taking up 100% of the space it requires.

as for the patching and the infinite downloading/installing, hopefully Activision will figure out the problem at their end and put out a working patch soon.
  4. MINER-D919F948-B931- Win User

Sorry we couldn't start farcry 4. 0x87de2712

I just had the same issue and tried to re install the game.Now it is completely gone from my xbox and I cannot re install the game frome the store.The Gold Edition still pops up but not the standard edition which I purchased and was very far in until this
    B.S.
  5. TheDarkJustice Win User

Xbox Game Pass Uninstall Issue

I started the download for Yakuza Kiwami via Game Pass, at around the 27% mark there was an error and the download wouldnt resume, so i cancelled the installation. However the game is still taking up space on my hard drive and the contents havent been removed.
    Everytime i restart the Xbox app the game reappers in the sidebar on the left with the error.

I even uninstalled the xbox app but the disc space has still not been freed and the game has not been removed.
    I am having the same exact issue :( A solution would be appreciated.
  6. SammyVS Win User

All Games missing from My Collection in Xbox PC app after backup restore of game drive

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

There is no way to link these games with the app but it may be possible to take advantage of the space the game is already taking up on your hard drive. Try installing any game on that hard drive and see if the installation will be slightly faster and will take advantage of files already downloaded onto the hard drive.
Thema:

1. XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed - Similar Threads - app game gone

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  4. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...: I recently updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on TWO computers and now both of them have this issue after the update. What's happening: Games no longer show in the Installed section of the...
  7. Scrolling position in a list in the xbox app is gone after looking at a game. How can this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scrolling position in a list in the xbox app is gone after looking at a game. How can this...: I have a problem in the xbox app on pc. When I scroll down in a list of games (game pass for example), click on a game and then go back, the list will be at the top again instead of where I was....
  8. XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX app game gone mid-download and still taking up space and cannot be re-installed: so i have game pass, decided to download doom eternal. the game had around 75gb to download , i downloaded around 14gb , paused it and closed the app and went onto another work for the next day....
  9. Why is the Download to Console option gone on game pages in the iPhone Xbox app?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why is the Download to Console option gone on game pages in the iPhone Xbox app?: Sums it up. The option is just gone for every game. [img] bce73ec0-8ea4-455e-8e19-94dd2a39fae5
  10. International NFL Game Pass: How to access with NFL app gone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    International NFL Game Pass: How to access with NFL app gone?: International users (outside of the US, Canada & Europe) just to be able to watch live and on-demand games from NFL Game Pass through the official NFL app. Unfortunately, the old NFL app seems to...