Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue

Discus and support Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018.

1. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest

Hi,

After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App (Official) or the Xbox App (Beta) the audio is out of sync and plays ahead by a second or two.

Xbox App Version: 39.39.21002.00000

Is anyone else experiencing this issue after updating their Windows 10? Is there any way to fix the audio issue when trimming game clips?

:)

FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018
  2. Having trouble trimming a clip

After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.

Wildboy Wiley, May 3, 2018
  3. Roth Dog
    Roth Dog Guest
    Upload Studio Issue

Hi, since about 3 days ago any clip I get into Upload Studio will not trim. I can alter the In and Out points on the clip but when I press "A" to trim clip it goes back the previous screen.

I've deleted the app and reinstalled, powered off the console etc and it still doesn't let me edit or upload. Anyone else has this issue?

Roth Dog, May 3, 2018
  4. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest

I did more testing and was able to figure out what happened. If you update your Windows 10 to the new Feature Update it changed my Creative Sound Blaster settings by putting my audio to 5.1 configuration so what I did was to put it back to 2.1 stereo and
    now it's trimming with no audio delay.

FlipstylePro, May 3, 2018
  5. FlipstylePro
    FlipstylePro Guest
    Ok, so I thought it was fixed when I tried it on a few short game clips but actually when I tried a few other ones the issue still happens. I'm not sure whats causing the game clips to cause the audio to go out of sync.

FlipstylePro, Nov 2, 2018
  6. FlipstylePro Win User

I did more testing and was able to figure out what happened. If you update your Windows 10 to the new Feature Update it changed my Creative Sound Blaster settings by putting my audio to 5.1 configuration so what I did was to put it back to 2.1 stereo and
    Ok, so I thought it was fixed when I tried it on a few short game clips but actually when I tried a few other ones the issue still happens. I'm not sure whats causing the game clips to cause the audio to go out of sync.
  7. FlipstylePro Win User

8. PhilParry Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I am having an issue with trimming clips too but not the same as you. When I trim my clip and play it back the audio is off sync from the video. So I am sniping someone on BF1 and the sound of the gunshot is like 5 secs later.
  9. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox Series X Clips Trouble.

Hello PCGC,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your game clips. Remember that you can only trim clips that were created on the same Xbox console. If you've uploaded a clip from a different console, you have to trim it from the same one.

For the sound issues, it may be due to your chosen audio settings. Under Settings, then General, and then Volume & Audio Output, check what your Headset Format is. If it's Dolby Atmos or Windows Sonic, try going back to Stereo Uncompressed. (Another paid alternative is DTS Headphone).

Additional Resources:

Manage your game clips | Xbox Support

Capture game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

Regards,

Hayabusa
  10. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
Thema:

1. Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue - Similar Threads - App Game Clip

2. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  3. How do I upload my Xbox game bar clips to my Xbox app on my phone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I upload my Xbox game bar clips to my Xbox app on my phone.: Hello, I need help uploading my Xbox game bar clips to my mobile app on my phone, I used to be able to do this but for some reason the upload button on the Xbox game bar does not show up anymore....
  4. Game Clips aren't syncing to the PC or mobile App. (But shows they are successfully being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Clips aren't syncing to the PC or mobile App. (But shows they are successfully being...: Trying to get the clips onto my pc or even my phone files but starting today the clips are showing that they are uploading when i manually choose to upload but they don't appear in the console...
  5. Xbox App on Windows - Game Clip Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App on Windows - Game Clip Issues: With the older version of the app I was able to view my game clips that were uploaded from my Xbox 1, Now I can't find them on the Xbox app on my laptop. Any ideas?...
  6. Can not share a game clip to xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not share a game clip to xbox app: Greetings, Today I opened the Xbox app in hope of recording a full match game clip for Battlefield 1 and sharing it with a few of my friends. I started xbox app on windows 10. I started Origin,...
  7. new APP to share xbox`s screenshot and game clip to other apps(FB/Instagram/twitter)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new APP to share xbox`s screenshot and game clip to other apps(FB/Instagram/twitter): Dear Xbox One gamers DVR Hub for XBOX app is now available in Android and Windows Phone! We know it has always been a pain when you tried to share your game clip or screenshot from your Xbox One...
  8. Xbox App Crashes when uploading a game clip once it hits 99%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Crashes when uploading a game clip once it hits 99%: So basically as the title says I can't upload captures I made on my PC because the app crashes once the upload hits 99%. A few weeks ago everything was working fine, I've uploaded clips before...
  9. 4/29/16 New Xbox App Feature: 60 FPS Game Clip Recording!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4/29/16 New Xbox App Feature: 60 FPS Game Clip Recording!: Today we’re excited to bring a new feature to the Xbox App: 60 FPS game clip recording! To use this feature, your PC will need to meet the following requirements: • Have a video card capable of...
  10. Forza Motorsport 6 Screenshots/Game Clip Captures Not In Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 6 Screenshots/Game Clip Captures Not In Xbox App: I took a bunch of FM6 screenshots during the Early Access period, and none of them show up on my Xbox App on Windows 10 or via Xbox SmartGlass on my Android devices. I did a bit of digging and it...