Xbox App freezes or black screens when streaming from Xbox Series X

Discus and support Xbox App freezes or black screens when streaming from Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is only a problem that I've noticed since getting an Xbox Series X. Whenever I'm using the Xbox App to stream to my PC, I will constantly get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KingRouge, Dec 14, 2022.

1. KingRouge
    KingRouge Guest

This is only a problem that I've noticed since getting an Xbox Series X. Whenever I'm using the Xbox App to stream to my PC, I will constantly get freezing and black screens. The freezes happen randomly, but the black screens happen whenever I enter or exit fullscreen or move the screen when it is not in full screen. I never had any problems using the Xbox App to stream to my PC with the Xbox One.

I've already tried resetting and repairing both the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store, updating everything, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing has seemed to fix the issue.

My internet speeds are more than high enough to stream and the console shows all green on the streaming settings. These are not freezes due to internet speed or lagging but simply the App itself freezing.

Disconnecting from the stream and reconnecting fixes the issues, but it is problematic to try to play games this way.

Any advice?

:)

KingRouge, Dec 14, 2022
  2. KingRouge Win User

Hello,

The issue occurs with any game. Anytime I use the Xbox App to stream to my PC from my Xbox Series X, the App is prone to experience freezing and black screens.

No, I'm using the App that is available on the Microsoft Store.
  3. KingRouge Win User

Hello,

I've taken these steps and the issue has not resolved. I believe the issue is within the Xbox App, not the console. I can stream from the console to YouTube or Twitch without any issues but encounter freezing and black screens when exiting or entering full screen in the Xbox App when streaming to my PC from the console through the Xbox App.
  4. Jason Guer Win User

Hello KingRouge

Good Day!

Based in your description and to your responses. It seems like this issue quite interesting and unusual for us to encounter here in the community. I just wanted to know, when you stream did you tried to project the image to your Xbox app to your other PC, is that correct? or Are you using Miracast in doing the streaming?

We await your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Jason Guer Win User

Hello KingRouge

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue streaming in your Xbox Series X wherein it keeps freezing. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

You mentioned that you already applied resetting, repairing the Xbox app and the Microsoft store still the issue occurs. I made research and gather all the necessary methods that we can use to fix the issue. I found some basic steps to try to correct it for you. You may follow the steps below.

Method A. Restart the Console and wait for 5 minutes then turn back On.

Method B. Update Windows

• Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Install all pending updates
    Method C. Update Graphic driver

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
    • Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Select Update Driver.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    Method D. Check the Network connection

• Go to Home - Game - Xbox Networking - it should show "connected"
    We await your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. KingRouge Win User

I attempted this fix with the wiring and the issue persists. I've also tried to cycle my Xbox and reset and repair the Xbox App and the Windows Store once more, but the issue is still there.

The troubleshooting steps don't have any troubleshooting suggestions related to video issues. I looked through the latency fixes as well, but latency is not an issue as my download speed is over 600 Mbps
Thema:

1. Xbox App freezes or black screens when streaming from Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - App freezes black

2. Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily: Hello, I'm on PC, Windows 10. I'm downloading Forza Motorsport from the Xbox app on my SSD, and while downloading, my SSD usage suddenly spikes to 100%, with no activity, and it freezes. It stays...
  3. Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing

in XboX Insiders
    Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing: Why can't I change my profile picture on the Xbox mobile app without it making the Xbox mobile app freeze for no reason submitted by /u/No-Avocado6642 [link] [comments]
  4. YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing: App starts fine but randomly freezes causing me to close the app and start it again. Is this happening for anyone else? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link] [comments]
  5. YouTube app keeps freezing, now I can’t sign back in.

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app keeps freezing, now I can’t sign back in.: Alpha ring. Series X YouTube app keeps freezing in the menu, so I deleted app and redownloaded, now it won’t allow me to sign in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, found a fix? submitted by...
  6. YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.: YouTube keeps freezing and going to a black screen. Watch one video it does that sometimes I can't watch no video 6e9f3420-63e9-4fe7-898d-d8152daab9ee
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...
  8. BluRay app freezing up with DVD play

in XBoX on Windows
    BluRay app freezing up with DVD play: Hey guys! I have been experiencing issues with the BluRay app as it seems to always freeze at the halfway point with DVDs. Streaming seems to be fine, but DVDs always seem to freeze up. Any...
  9. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  10. Xbox app freezes on Win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app freezes on Win 10: When I open the xbox app to enter the game pass it opens but freezes automatically like in the screenshot, I can minimize it but can't close it until I finished the task from the task manager. I...