Xbox App for PC "youre not connected to the internet" error

Discus and support Xbox App for PC "youre not connected to the internet" error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play my newly purchased Master Chief Collection off of Steam. I have found it is unable to connect to any online servers or stats. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jonathan721, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Jonathan721
    Jonathan721 Guest

I am trying to play my newly purchased Master Chief Collection off of Steam. I have found it is unable to connect to any online servers or stats. I was directed to download the xbox app which was its own problem and had to be done using powershell. After installing, the app takes incredibly long to load if at all and when prompted to sign in, it will claim I am offline which is clearly false. I cannot sign into the app at all. I have uninstalled the app multiple times. I have restarted my computer. I have reinstalled the windows store. How can I resolve this issue? I am using windows 11 the latest version as of writing this.
    Xbox App for PC "youre not connected to the internet" error [​IMG]

:)

Jonathan721, Nov 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Jonathan, sure!
    I can suggest you other things:

1. Double check this:
    Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC

2. Reinstall the Microsoft Store and all its components, try both methods provided by Lester

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one causing conflicts
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

4. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

5. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (is not the same as the regular update via windows settings, and don't worry your content will remain)

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jonathan721

Please give this a try:

A.

Open the Control Panel in Windows.

After opening the control panel, set the “View by” on the top-right corner to “Large icons“.

Click on the “Network and Sharing Center” option.

Here, click on the “Change adapter settings” link on the left panel.

Now, right-click on the active network adapter and select “Properties“.

Go to the “Networking” tab.

Here, uncheck the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” option.

Click on the “Ok” button to save changes.

Then close all the windows, restart your PC and try again

B. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily

Restart the PC and try again

C. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

D. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

By the way, if you try downloading something from the Microsoft Store, something similar happens? (I mean, the app says that you're not connected to the internet)
  4. Jonathan721 Win User

Thank you for your reply. This is rather frustrating for me but I am glad I am not dealing with this on my own. I have run through all these options without any successes. The xbox app still believes I am offline when I try to sign in. When downloading from the microsoft store, i have had a few things happen. Either the download button will load until it says try again later or nothing will happen at all. Any other ideas for me?
  5. Superwow121 Win User

Can i connect my xbox one to a pc?

You can "connect" your xbox to your pc, you should have Windows 10 and the Xbox app, then you'll have to sync your xbox with your pc to stream the image of your xbox to your pc. You should have a good Internet Connection.
  6. Villarino Win User

Using my laptop screen as a monitor for my xbox one

No, unfortunately you can't, your best bet is to connect your xbox and your pc to the internet and use the xbox app for streaming.
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC "youre not connected to the internet" error - Similar Threads - App youre connected

2. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  3. How do you download xbox clips onto your computer through the pc xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you download xbox clips onto your computer through the pc xbox app?: With the extremely disappointing change to xbox clips getting mass deleted very soon you absolutely must give us a way to download them onto our pcs. Do not refer to your one drive cloud space, I...
  4. What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect: This is getting ridiculous now like I can't play remote play at all 2be4ca10-9267-46f1-8e62-7a2f4c1526f4
  5. NFL App on Xbox One will not load "Your device is offline. This content is not available at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL App on Xbox One will not load "Your device is offline. This content is not available at...: Has anyone else been able to resolve this error? "Your device is offline. This content is not available at this moment." I've been using the NFL app on my Xbox for the past 4 years with no...
  6. MICROSOFT FIX YOUR XBOX PC APP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MICROSOFT FIX YOUR XBOX PC APP!!: Xbox Gamepass ultimate does not work on PC, no longer recognizes the Xbox Games folder. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps. People are paying for a subscription service that they cannot...
  7. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  8. How do clear your cache and cookies to your Xbox app because I was tring to connect my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do clear your cache and cookies to your Xbox app because I was tring to connect my Xbox...: I tried to sign into my Facebook account to the Xbox app and it's telling m app not active to my google chrome. daf6a3e0-869b-41f2-a354-ae975d76103d
  9. Can you connect your Xbox 360 to the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you connect your Xbox 360 to the Xbox app?: You can connect an Xbox one/series x/s to the Xbox app but can you connect the 360 to the Xbox app like it did on smartglass 07d00259-6d20-487f-8106-bfcfa8ee5ac7
  10. Whenever I connect my xbox to console companion app it says "We couldn't connect to your...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I connect my xbox to console companion app it says "We couldn't connect to your...: I can stream games to my phone from my xbox but I can't stream them to my laptop. I have a windows 10 laptop. The console companion app detects my xbox but when I click on it it always says "We...