Xbox App for PC won't to connect to Xbox Series X Console (Windows 11)

Discus and support Xbox App for PC won't to connect to Xbox Series X Console (Windows 11) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I learned today of this feature, I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I can't get the PC app to connect to my Xbox Series X. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan Nash, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Nathan Nash
    Nathan Nash Guest

Greetings,

I learned today of this feature, I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I can't get the PC app to connect to my Xbox Series X. I tried the suggestion listed in this thread from 2021, but it didn't work. Prior to trying said suggestion, I would get the loading screen and then it would go black for a minute or so, I'd hear a chime on the Xbox console which notified me that I had stopped playing remotely, then I get this on the PC side.
    Xbox App for PC won't to connect to Xbox Series X Console (Windows 11) [​IMG]

After I tried the suggestion in the linked thread, I actually received the error the OP described in their post. I'd really like to sort this out, playing Xbox on my TV isn't very comfortable for me right now.

:)

Nathan Nash, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

Hello amramlinebarger, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

The Xbox Console Companion app is mainly for Windows 10 and allows you to stream your Xbox One to One X consoles on Windows 10. This app does not work with the Series X/S consoles though and the Xbox app is recommended for streaming to your PC if you're running Windows 11.

If you are running Windows 11 the only way we'd ask you to try installing the app is if you were having trouble with your Xbox games just to see if that would help.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Nathan! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Just to confirm, are you trying to play via remote play or cloud gaming?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Why don’t my panels work?

Thank you for your response.

In order to fix this, kindly configure your Xbox Elite series 2 controller using the Xbox Accessories app on a Windows PC device, here's how:

To open the Xbox Accessories app on your console, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, select My Games & Apps> See all > Apps, and then choose Xbox Accessories.

To open the Xbox Accessories app on Windows 10/11, press the Start button , type Xbox Accessories or choose it from the list, and then sign in. If the app isn't installed on your PC, get it here:

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox consoles and Windows 10/11.

To configure the Series 2 controller, make sure your PC has the latest Windows updates:

In Windows 11, you decide when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and securely. To manage your options and see available updates, select Check for Windows updates. Or select Start > Settings > Windows Update.

The Xbox Accessories app won't detect your controller if you're using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the controller and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/hardware-ne...

Once you have configured your controller, kindly try to check your controller with the button mapping and see if it works on your console again.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/hardware-ne....
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox series x controller work with Windows 11

Of course. Why not.

The Xbox app Game Pass App is going to come pre-installed on Windows 11, and Microsft want users to connect their controllers trouble free to the new OS.

The biggest issue would be to check if your PC is compatible for Windows 11, not your controllers.

In any event, Win 11 won't suddenly make Win 10 obsolete.
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC won't to connect to Xbox Series X Console (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - App won't connect

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. xbox app won't connect to console

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app won't connect to console: I've already set up but i'm trying to set up my app to my console but it just says sign in with your account and when i do that it either gives me an error or doesn't do anything submitted by...
  4. Xbox app cloud gaming won't connect to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app cloud gaming won't connect to console: I use my laptop to play games/watch tv etc on my xbox. This app was working fine last night. When I tired this morning, the rocket showed up as usual, but now I get this message(screenshot below)...
  5. Xbox app cloud gaming won't connect to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app cloud gaming won't connect to console: I use my laptop to play games/watch tv etc on my xbox. This app was working fine last night. When I tired this morning, the rocket showed up as usual, but now I get this message(screenshot below)...
  6. League of Legends Xbox App won't connect

in XBoX Accessibility
    League of Legends Xbox App won't connect: Hello i am having trouble connecting my xbox account with my league of legends account not only does it not launch on xbox app but also on the riot client I keep getting an error. is anyone else...
  7. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  8. Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the app stay connected to either one of my Xbox one's?: I've connected both xboxes multiple times now and when I go back later neither one is connected. 9116af94-6724-4f26-9e3a-836b7d251f9a
  9. Xbox app won't connect connect to my console

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app won't connect connect to my console: I need help. Xbox app on my laptop cannot connect to my console. I get a error message ¨Cannot connect to your console right now, try again later¨. It's the second day going giving the same error...
  10. My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't connect to my Xbox Companion App anymore.: Hello, I'm a streamer and I've been streaming off of the regular Xbox Companion App for years without any problems, but when the Xbox Cloud Gaming app launched, it hasn't been working ever since....