Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug

Discus and support Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aaroz88, Nov 22, 2021.

1. /u/aaroz88
    /u/aaroz88 Guest

I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in this latest preview is that the app cannot select and remember any of the drives where you remove the custom game folder and I faced this problem after deleted the 4 custom game folders from the 4 drives. When I started installing new game, the app only let me to install in the remaining drives which do not have the custom folder yet. Is there any workaround to fix this where it can select the previously undetected drives? I already tried repair/reset, removing and reinstalling the gaming services and the xbox preview app but the problem still persists.

https://i.ibb.co/Hx9TBpn/Screenshot-2021-11-23-042001.png

submitted by /u/aaroz88
    [link] [comments]

/u/aaroz88, Nov 22, 2021
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC Moving WL3 stuck on 100% & all saves gone

Hello there, thanks for the feedback! Super glad and appreciative that you're taking advantage of the preview versions of the Xbox app available to our Xbox Insiders, who are precisely the best group we could ask for to help test our updates on a large scale.

The Xbox Insiders program gets a lot of updates before they're available to the public, including the Advanced Install features coming soon to the Xbox app.

Whenever you run into bugs in your Xbox app, for any reason, please submit a bug report through the app by selecting your profile icon, and selecting Feedback from the drop-down menu. Help us continue to help you.

Stay safe!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Left 4 dead 2

To report any bugs in the latest preview, you can do so (if you have the xbox preview dashboard app installed) by holding down the nexus button (big xbox button) and selecting report a problem. Or you can goto the early access forums and report the bug
    there.
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx
  4. Leon Mills Win User

Xbox PC app doesn't detect drive

The Xbox PC app is already at the latest version, and I'm thinking this is an Xbox app bug.
  5. WakiMak Win User

Xbox asks me to "Change your install options in Profile" even though I have a lot of space

The above issue occurred on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.

I was able to "fix" the issue by unenrolling from Xbox Insider Hub's Windows Gaming. I then uninstalled the Xbox app. I restarted my machine. I then re-enrolled back in the Windows Gaming Preview. I reinstalled the Xbox App. I still had the same error, so I unchecked the option to "Ask me for install options on every install." Game Pass Games now install as normal rather than the advanced options under C:\Xbox Games.

Identifying the issue was seeing the option "This game supports advanced management features." on the 7 games that were already installed.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire

In conclusion,

I believe this is some sort of Xbox Insider Hub Preview issue with the Xbox App because the 7 games were installed without the option of C:\Xbox Games that I had prior to reloading Windows 11.
  6. XBF - Amory Win User

Xbox Game App PC Default Install location

Hello there, and thanks for being an Xbox Insider on PC! Can you confirm for me that you have the latest updates to the Insiders' version of the Xbox App installed? As in, when you go to the Microsoft Store, there's no additional updates pending for the Xbox app after the beginning of this month?

So you're aware, this is a known issue that was being investigated in the preview versions of the Xbox app, and the latest updates to the Xbox app for Insiders included some fixes for the problem. If you have the latest updates, and you are still experiencing this problem, it is crucial that as an Insider you submit a bug report through the Xbox app so that our teams can continue to investigate and fix the problem.

To submit a bug report from the Xbox app:

1. Select your profile icon
    2. Select Feedback
    3. Select Report a Problem in the prompt that appears
    4. Complete the report in the Feedback Hub app when it's pulled up
    Thanks again for helping us help the community!
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug - Similar Threads - App Latest Preview

2. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  3. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  4. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  5. Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?: How do I connect my xbox series s to my windows laptop? I want to use my laptop as a monitor. I searched it up and the results are showing the connection tab on the xbox app but the xbox app has a...
  6. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  8. How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?: The EA App will automatically launch when I start the Xbox App. I have both apps set NOT to auto launch on PC startup so this is particularly obnoxious for me. It definitely did not used to do...
  9. XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 XBOX Accessories App doesn't support latest...: Hi, I've got an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controller; I was using this on Windows 11 PC, and it had faults when connecting by Bluetooth; when you do that, it would trigger the XBOX...
  10. Xbox App Latest Build Broken On PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Latest Build Broken On PC: Latest build as 20/1/23 causes the app the freeze and crash on windows 11. Chat feature is also unusable. 19892cf4-44df-4b6a-b63b-1a09754459a3