Xbox App for PC Issues/Microsoft store

Discus and support Xbox App for PC Issues/Microsoft store in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Something really weird is happening to me when i try to install again the xbox app (The app was working fine for a few days after i installed it on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Renlock, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Renlock
    Renlock Guest

Something really weird is happening to me when i try to install again the xbox app (The app was working fine for a few days after i installed it on June 24).

When i try to open the app my pc starts acting odd, each time i try to either: open anything, my screen goes to black for a few seconds and then it opens, also stuff like pressing the window key, my screen goes black and then it appears, even doing something like right clicking my desktop to change display settings makes this happen. (I do have some video proof if needed.)

Even if i remove the app this happens, i have to do a system restore to when i didn't have the app downloaded for my pc to work like normal.

Also this seems to happen also with the microsoft store now. My theory is that it has to do something with microsoft gaming services being faulty or something.

TLDR: Basically when i downloaded the app and try to do anything on my pc it freezes for a couple of seconds, the screen goes to black and then the thing i tried to open appears on my screen.

If anyone is curious, this is what my pc tells me that it's going to remove when i do a system restore so i assume one of those 2 things is the one that is crashing my pc.

I already did SFC, and DISM stuff, also i "repaired" and "reset" the microsoft store and nothing works.

Xbox App for PC Issues/Microsoft store [​IMG]

:)

Renlock, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Tom Erik Karlsen Win User

cant log in . white box

its microsoft store on pc, and xbox app on pc. nothing helps, i even restored the whole computer, ive been in contact with microsoft numerous times , but the issue is still there
  3. Renlock Win User

You are welcome, my friend. Maybe it can be an incompatibility with your drivers and the Xbox gaming services. Are you on the Xbox Insider program?
    Yes, that's what i'm thinking too haha. I will try again when i see if the app or the gaming services get a new version to see if our theory is correct. And no, i'm not, but i'll check it out!
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome, my friend. Maybe it can be an incompatibility with your drivers and the Xbox gaming services. Are you on the Xbox Insider program?
  5. Renlock Win User

Hello again, i already tried it and still no progress :(

Already downloaded the new GPU drivers and i still get the same weird bug, i'm guessing this has something to do with windows but i'm hoping i don't have to reinstall.

To be more clear, i guess you can say my screen flickers? and gets kind of slow, also when i try to use my mouse when the screen is flickering i get loud beeping sounds.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Thanks for sharing this information, my friend. I did not really thought that the gaming services were causing this issue, but just to be sure.

Please try to reinstall the DirectX Runtime:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

Restart your computer one more time and see how it goes, please.

If the issue persists, I will probably ask you to reinstall your graphic card driver from the manufacturer's website.
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC Issues/Microsoft store - Similar Threads - App Issues Microsoft

2. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  3. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  4. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  5. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  6. XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus"

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus": Hi, Did someone find solution for issue described in that article - it is really enoying :( I'm using "Mjoy control panel" as well as a "Fergo JoystickMIDI" and issue is the same. So it is not...
  7. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  8. Issues with Microsoft Rewards App on XboxOne

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with Microsoft Rewards App on XboxOne: I was trying to launch the app, but it kept hanging indefinitely on the splash screen. I tried the hard reset steps to clear the cache to no avail. Now I'm trying to reinstall the app, but it...
  9. Please help me with microsoft store xbox app issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help me with microsoft store xbox app issue: Hi, I recently received a new pc and tried downloading the Xbox app through the Microsoft store to play games with my friends and to be able to view Xbox game bar. When attempting to install it,...
  10. How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps: Whenever I use a Microsoft app, most of the time being Minecraft, and I use another source of audio such as Discord, Voicemod, or the Xbox Overlay Party Chat, either the Minecraft audio or my...