Xbox App for PC - Halo Infinite Repeatedly Stops Working and Launches Gaming Services in...

Discus and support Xbox App for PC - Halo Infinite Repeatedly Stops Working and Launches Gaming Services in... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It was like this before the Winter Update, after the Winter Update and still now after Season 3 Update. I do not know why but the files seem to just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by oPEEPINGTOMo, Mar 9, 2023.

1. oPEEPINGTOMo
    oPEEPINGTOMo Guest

Xbox App for PC - Halo Infinite Repeatedly Stops Working and Launches Gaming Services in...

It was like this before the Winter Update, after the Winter Update and still now after Season 3 Update.

I do not know why but the files seem to just go missing for Halo Infinite on the Xbox PC App (this is the Gamepass version).

(I am talking about the actual game files in the directory that i set the xbox app to download to)

No amount of restarting gaming services, uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing the install makes a difference. It may work for a few days and then "bam" its gone and broken again. Sometimes uninstalling it and reinstalling it will fix it temporarily, other times it won't. Same with repairing the install... sometimes it does and other times it doesn't. The last time after the Winter Update I flat out couldn't get it to work again so I just waited for the Season 3 Update to try the xbox app again and to my surprise it worked... until today... a single day later.

This is VERY frustrating.

:)

oPEEPINGTOMo, Mar 9, 2023
  2. StevenTillson Win User

Halo Infinite on PC won't install past 49% 0x80070005 error.

To repair and rest the Gaming Services, follow the below-given steps!

• Press Win + I on your keyboard or type Settings in the search box to open the Settings App
    • Now, click on Apps and then click on Apps & Features.
    • Click on Apps and Features from Windows PC Settings
    • Use the search box to find Gaming Services and click on the Advanced option by right-clicking it (for Windows 11, click on three dots on the right)
    • Find Gaming Services App and Click on Advanced Option
    • Scroll down a bit and click on the Repair option and try to launch the game from the Xbox App.
    • Click on Repair Option from the Advanced Options of Gaming Services
    • If you’re still facing the issue, click on the Reset option and launch the Halo Infinite game from the Xbox App.
    • Click on Reset Option from the Advanced Options of Gaming Services
    • While this method worked for a lot of Halo Infinite gamers, it may not work for you. In such a case, you can proceed with the other methods explained below.
    If you are still facing issues then follow this detailed guide to fix Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working error.
  3. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

A couple of resources (including this thread):

4. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

Having the same issue. I want to knowledge dump everything I've tried so far that hasn't worked for me, but hopefully might work for some of you.

I see the game running in Task Manager under Background processes, but nothing loads. 3 processes show:

• Console Window Host
    • DumpTool.exe (read that 'End task' on this file will load game after a few mins; hasn't worked for me).
    • HaloInfinite.exe
    HaloInfinite.exe is downloading to the hidden WindowsApps folder in File Explorer: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3249.19634.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/terminated/repaired/reset/uncheck hi-res features the Xbox App/MS Store/Gaming Services/Halo Infinite using a combination of settings/advanced options/wsrest.exe/powershell/cmd prompt still nothing...also restarted the pc a hundred times for those wondering ;)

5. Tirrell7 Win User

Halo Infinite Not Launching XBOX APP WINDOWS 10 but works on STEAM ?!

• Console Window Host
    • HaloInfinite.exe

6. Anthony90 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

I did manage to get halo infinite campaign installed but now whenever i try to open halo infinite it opens up the Microsoft Store's Gaming Services page instead. I am on game pass on PC. Ive tried reinstalling the xbox app but it still doesnt work.
Thema:

1. Xbox App for PC - Halo Infinite Repeatedly Stops Working and Launches Gaming Services in... - Similar Threads - App Halo Infinite

2. i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able...: i got halo infinite on the xbox app on pc and it showed up on my steam app and i was able to play online without a gold membership will this work with other xbox games that are on steam?...
  3. Halo MCC stuck on loading screen via xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC stuck on loading screen via xbox app: Everytime i lunch the game it stucks on loading the main menu, after the xbox live account selection, after the easy anticheta load, in te screen with "halo MCC" written on the middle. The game...
  4. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  5. If i purchase Halo MCC on the Xbox PC App, will i be able to play it on my pc? Or will i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchase Halo MCC on the Xbox PC App, will i be able to play it on my pc? Or will i...: As the title implies, i'm meaning to buy Halo MCC right now but even though it says "Top paid Windows games" i want to make 100% sure before buying it as other searches show that it's not part of...
  6. “Do you own this game or app?” Halo MCC not working on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “Do you own this game or app?” Halo MCC not working on Xbox one: Bought Halo MCC on my pc through the Xbox app and played it for about two years straight, decided to get an Xbox one so I could play the campaign with my friends. I was able to download Halo MCC...
  7. Halo series stuck at 7% preparing on Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo series stuck at 7% preparing on Xbox app: Sorry for my bad English. I have been playing Halo: The master chief collection with my friend and I'm having a problem installing another game in the series. At first, we play ODST then we tried...
  8. hey guys my halo wont start since the last xbox app update im on PC it show the luanch game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hey guys my halo wont start since the last xbox app update im on PC it show the luanch game...: hi Halo wont start it first gives the sinc screen then luanch game screen for around 30 sec then just gone i have uninstaled the game 3 times i cant install new games and only forza is working at...
  9. Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Campaign won't download on Xbox App after downloading multiplayer: When I try to install Halo Infinite Campaign from the Xbox App, it only installs the multiplayer. When I try to install the campaign after installing the multiplayer by clicking "manage...
  10. Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not download Halo Infinite: Campaign from XBOX app: Hi, Everyone,I have stumbled on to a very persistent problem with the XBOX app, I even contacted support, and the guy was very helpful but he couldn't fix it.It has something to do with...