Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive

Discus and support Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running into the error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app onto my second drive. It works just fine on my first... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adrian Sheridan, May 27, 2023.

1. Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive

I'm running into the error code 0x80070002 whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app onto my second drive. It works just fine on my first one, and other things can use my second drive just fine as well, so I'm pretty sure it's the app. So far I've tried reinstalling the app and gaming services, resetting the cache of windows store, and the reset button in app settings and nothing has worked.

As for the actual issue, when I install a game it says "downloading" for a bit before stopping and giving the error.

:)

Adrian Sheridan, May 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Adrian! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

First, make sure to install the latest Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If everything is updated and you're still getting the same issue, try to rename your WindowsApps folder and replace it with a new one. Please follow the complete guide from that thread link below:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. RodrigoPeixoto Santo Win User

Digital downloads installation stopped

Hi, NoxErro!

Could you give more details about your problem?

Your hard drive is correctly formatted to Xbox games?

The problem happens while installing apps?

Is it possible that the game(s) you're trying to install are already (partially) installed on your console's internal drive, and the internal drive is full?
  4. RafiRazzouq Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.

uild on external macbook hard drive/dual boot) Did you figure any solution to this? i can install other games fine but when i try to install halo mcc it errors out at 4.8%
  5. MikhailBose Win User

Xbox app stuck on 'Choose a drive' with no options when installing

I have tried all the above Steps still i cant install any games because Xbox app cant detect my hard drives while installing, the drives show up in the options to select!! the only games that can be installed are from other stores like UPlay
  6. AlexHead2 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Not Downloading After Many Workarounds

Hi, I've tried selecting both of my drives multiples times but still nothing happens after I click install. The install button just disappears for a while then reappears again after a few seconds and then in the xbox app gives me either of the error codes I mentioned above.
Thema:

1. Xbox app error while installing games to second hard drive - Similar Threads - app error while

2. I keep getting an error while trying to set up a console in my xbox app. It'll say an error...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting an error while trying to set up a console in my xbox app. It'll say an error...: I'm not sure what else there is to do. 6b76ec8e-7b3e-4a11-814a-6b1ff7e015a0
  3. Error 0x80073d0d while downloading Halo infinite campaign on xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80073d0d while downloading Halo infinite campaign on xbox app: I keep getting an Error 0x80073d0d while downloading Halo infinite campaign on the Xbox app on PC, iHave gamepass activated c321e377-744a-4c6c-9daa-0b1d70059a16
  4. Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073cf9 while trying to install Forza Horizon 5 in the game pass in xbox app.: I tried to install the Forza Horizon 5 in the pre installation and the error 0x80073cf9 appeared, I didn't cared at that time but in November 9th I tried to install the game and the same error...
  5. Error 0x87e00017 while downloading games through the Xbox PC App

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e00017 while downloading games through the Xbox PC App: Greetings Microsoft Community, Yesterday, I purchased the Xbox Game Pass and attempted to download some games in order to play with friends but unfortunately, I was not able to succeed. Every...
  6. Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc: I recently restarted my PC to wipe unnecessary files from my pc as it was low on space and had nothing of value. Now when I go to install a game on the app, I get one of two codes "0x80070005",...
  7. Error Code 0xa3ea00ca while trying to install EA Play games via PC App.

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0xa3ea00ca while trying to install EA Play games via PC App.: I am trying to install multiple EA Play apps through the Game Pass PC app and I am getting the error code 0xa3ea00ca and the game won't install. I have the EA app installed and my accounts linked....
  8. Error while attempting to download games on Xbox App for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error while attempting to download games on Xbox App for Windows: So I'm trying to install a game on the Xbox App on PC but it always gets to 90-100% then gives me this error. I have two drives on my pc, and I want to save room on my SSD that already has my OS...
  9. Error 0x80246019 while installing game pass app on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80246019 while installing game pass app on my PC: Last night I was trying to download We Happy Few through the game pass app on my desktop and it would get up to about 89%, stop in error with code 0x80246019. I then tried on my laptop and it...
  10. Error while trying to install Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Error while trying to install Xbox app: hi, I recently bought the Xbox Game Pass, and when I try to install the Xbox app, I receive the following error: [img] thanks in advance daf0aff7-e07a-4937-b898-221487d2817e