XBOX App does not appear to support the actual console.

Discus and support XBOX App does not appear to support the actual console. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Xbox app is wonky. It will not let me manage my console, it only looks at PC games. There is no ability any more since the XBOX website is gone to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Udder Discharge, Jul 30, 2021.

1. XBOX App does not appear to support the actual console.

The Xbox app is wonky. It will not let me manage my console, it only looks at PC games. There is no ability any more since the XBOX website is gone to manage owned games for the console. What app do i need to download that takes full control over my xbox, including managing games, viewing Library, purchasing, etc.

I looked at smart glass, console companion, xbox game bar and none of those does anything. One of these apps does something that you can connect to the xbox, but you cant use a controller. You can press buttons on the mouse by opneing "controller" but it does not do anything. Can nayone please explain what is wrong here?

:)

Udder Discharge, Jul 30, 2021
  2. codyglisson Win User

None of them work for me I tried downloading my profile on friends console it didnt do it I even logged on xbox.com it worked there i tried using xbox app and set new console and it didn't give me a code
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

You’re correct that the Xbox App is specifically for PC gaming and to manage and view your Xbox games you can check it on the Microsoft Store App itself by simply going to “My Library”, your Xbox games will be visible from there as well.

In regards to Xbox Console Companion, you can stream your console from there wherein you can play games, check your games, view your achievements and everything as long as your console is also turned on at the same time.
  4. Zed86zz Win User

Xbox app on Windows 10 won't launch

My xbox app appears, but when I click on it nothing happens. It does acknowledge that I am clicking it, but it doesn't actually launch the app.
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Blu ray has taken too long to start (0x802705a)

Hey
    TheHoaxShow
    !

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

If resetting the console (keep my games and apps) does not work..

I would suggest resetting the console and (NOT KEEPING MY GAMES AND APPS) since you are

have an issue with an actual APP. Refreshing the entire console and re-installing the apps would be

a good way to get everything back into sync.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

Hmmm I see.

Does the controller appear in the Xbox Accessories app on PC when you plug it in with the wire?

Do you have an Xbox console?
Thema:

1. XBOX App does not appear to support the actual console. - Similar Threads - App does appear

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  5. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  6. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  7. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  8. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  9. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  10. Game folder won't delete and game does not appear in Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game folder won't delete and game does not appear in Xbox app.: I went to install a game on my PC from game pass through the Xbox app. It asked me on which drive I wanted it to install it. I choose my secondary drive and had to create a folder for it. I named...