Xbox App Did Not Let Me Delete A Game File.

Discus and support Xbox App Did Not Let Me Delete A Game File. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have bought Game Pass some time ago and I have downloaded Fallout 4. However, after cancelling my next payment and deleting the games, the program... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Altay_Yazov, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Altay_Yazov
    Altay_Yazov Guest

I have bought Game Pass some time ago and I have downloaded Fallout 4. However, after cancelling my next payment and deleting the games, the program forgot to delete the E:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Fallout 4 (PC) file. I have tried to delete it through giving myself full control. I gave every "user" in the computer full control and still I was unable to delete it because "I did not have permissions" even though I am the only god damned user of this computer. So anyways, I couped the evil Xbox authority and gave myself -and every other "user" in the system- full control of the file. Now it's saying "file is not a reparse point." At this point I am fueled by rage and I use rather unconventional methods to delete the file and finally free up like 30 gigs of drive space. It is literally a clown show that I am not allowed full control over my computer at all times and that other "TrustedInstaller" bs can create their own hegemony in my computer. I don't care if this is some kind of countermeasure to piracy. I, and a lot of others, are furious about not having complete control over our computers.

:)

Altay_Yazov, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Carter Win User

Xbox App Updates Stuck, Application has no method to resolve or fix issue.

I had the same issues, did everything and it did not fix it. my resolution tho,

It created a file in the xbox games library and it wouldn’t let me delete it because of admin permission, I changed those and then it said the folder was running in another app.

All I had to do was change permissions and launch in windows safe mode and it let me delete the file then the download started working
  3. Oylmpian151 Win User

FunimationNOW not streaming on xbox 360

It worked for me! I had to delete all files... I had one app file and two "save game" files... just deleting the app file failed to help the problem...
  4. xI SWAY Ix Win User

HBOGO does not work

I did. I deleted the app a couple times and tried to find a way to delete the license too because every time I reinstall it the login info, etc are still remembered. I don't think uninstalling the app will work unless Xbox lets me delete everything associated
    with the app.
  5. Misses Joust Win User

Kinect Nat Geo TV isn't working

G'day Spooky!

Just to clarify, what season pass did you buy?

When you deleted the app, did you do it from App Details, or did you delete all of the app's files from your console's storage?

An approved TV provider is required for the app to run. When you set up the app, it should ask for your TV subscription credentials to log in and enter the activation code.

Hit us up with those answers; let's see if we can find a solution!
  6. Chicaamaanime2 Win User

Corrupted save file - Fable 3

Alright well my Xbox Froze on me 2 days so i turned it off and then back on. tried to play Skyrim again and it said that my save file was corrupted looked all over on line to see how to get it back and everyone said the same thing "Too Bad Cant get it back
    Start Over" So unfortunately I did... however i did not erase my file. Then today i tried to see if there was anyway to get my file back and i did. I don't know if it was a fluke and i just got lucky and don't know if it will work for you but it did for me.
    wish you guys luck! Okay so this is what i did. First i Deleted the System Cache. Then i went to System Apps/Games went down to my Game (Skyrim) selected the Corrupt Save file Copied it from My EXternal drive to my Xbox memory. then i deleted the original
    save file ( External Drive). Next i Copied It again from the Xbox Memory To the Cloud and deleted the one in the Xbox memory. After That i Moved it Back to my external drive. Then deleted the save file From the cloud memory. Started the game up selected to
    load my saved game and presto! It loaded and started to play with no problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox App Did Not Let Me Delete A Game File. - Similar Threads - App Did Let

2. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  3. Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?: My profile still has the keyboard keys mapped as some shift buttons (my paddle is G while not holding the shift button and H when holding it), but now when I go to add a new shift button as a...
  4. I bought minecraft dlc over the xbox app on my pc what did I buy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft dlc over the xbox app on my pc what did I buy?: I'm very lost how this can happen? do the app store and Minecraft proper not talk to each other? I found the minecraft ninja turtles dlc on my xbox app on my pc loaded up my xbox gift card, bought...
  5. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...
  6. Did something change with Youtube app for Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Did something change with Youtube app for Xbox One X?: Normally the app would show me a bunch of suggested videos. Today, suddenly, it only shows one line of "genre and mood stations for you" and "shorts". Where did all the other categories go? And...
  7. Why did my Xbox app uninstall Trailmakers??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my Xbox app uninstall Trailmakers??: My xbox app uninstalled my Trailmakers and now i have to pay to get it back and my data will probably be lost. 6619aaa8-b7fc-4572-abd8-b895c475b288
  8. Redeemed game code for PC via Xbox app , this did not work, trying to access via Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed game code for PC via Xbox app , this did not work, trying to access via Microsoft...: I purchased Ori and am unable to access the game via the Xbox app. Every time I do so it gives me a sad face :( I would like to try to download it another way but it says the code has been...
  9. I am unable to locate the remote play option on my PC Xbox app, did it get removed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to locate the remote play option on my PC Xbox app, did it get removed?: I am unable to locate the remote play option on my PC Xbox app, did it get removed? I played remotely once after I purched my laptop in November, and now I cant find the option. I have Windows 11...
  10. why did my custom gamer picture switched to being blank after i used the xbox mobile app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did my custom gamer picture switched to being blank after i used the xbox mobile app...: i have tried to upload a custom picture on my xbox, on the xbox app and also through the xbox desktop website. My custom picture is the correct size and is not against policy. I have my privacy...