Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

Discus and support Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I keep getting the "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC." message. Every time I go to install one of the dependencies, however, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by p0isoned33, May 10, 2021.

  1. p0isoned33
    p0isoned33 Guest

    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either


    I keep getting the "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC." message. Every time I go to install one of the dependencies, however, it seems to install it but it never does. I also cannot install any games on the Game Pass, as trying to do so brings up the gray install box but without any text or buttons. I've tried restarting the StorSvc, as I've seen that that works for people, but it doesn't work for me. Reinstalled, opened and closed, etc., nothing worked. It also isn't letting me sign into my account for the Xbox Live features. Any help?


    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either [​IMG]


    :)
     
    p0isoned33, May 10, 2021
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

    Hi,

    Can you advise us what Windows 10 version you have installed please?

    Windows Store should be installed by default on Windows 10. It will be missing if

    1. It's removed via Powershell

    2. You have a version of Windows 10 lower than Windows 10 Home.

    Lower versions of Windows 10 lack the store and other store based apps, and therefore the Xbox App is not compatible with these OS versions.
  3. p0isoned33 Win User

    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

    I do have Windows 10 Home. On a side note, I been having some weird issue where Windows tells me to update and shut down/restart, but when I do it and turn my computer back on the option does not go away.
  4. p0isoned33 Win User

    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

    Never mind, I think an update installed last night and everything seems to work fine now.
  5. Jonathan Harris95 Win User

    Windows 11 Xbox App can't launch apps

    The same thing does happen and I cannot install these games from the Microsoft store either. These games direct me to the Xbox App.
  6. PedroLedic Win User

    Error while trying to instal any game tagged as "recently added"

    I found the gaming services is not installed and I it's installation won't start at all, either by windows store or by xbox app. Even tried the solution involving PowerShell posted on other posts and the download didn't start.
Thema:

Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

Loading...
  1. Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either - Similar Threads - App dependencies won't

  2. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  3. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  4. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  5. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  6. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  7. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  8. My email logs me into two different accounts depending on whether im in the app or the browser

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My email logs me into two different accounts depending on whether im in the app or the browser: Is there any way to speak to someone about my issue with being logged into 2 different accounts for the same email. None of the help articles deal with this and you cannot speak to an individual....
  9. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  10. the Dependencies for XBOX Identity provider cant be found in the appstore and my xbox app...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    the Dependencies for XBOX Identity provider cant be found in the appstore and my xbox app...: so i come to install the xbox app on my windows 10 laptop, and its missing these two components, but it states Installing, but its been going on for ages. Ive looked in the appstore and they're...