XBOX app: daughter cannot add friends, error message, does not appear online even though ...

Discus and support XBOX app: daughter cannot add friends, error message, does not appear online even though ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; daughter created account and signed in to xbox via xbox app on ipad. I have created account through xbox app on separate ipad. she found me and tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by borealkat, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. borealkat
    borealkat Guest

    XBOX app: daughter cannot add friends, error message, does not appear online even though ...


    daughter created account and signed in to xbox via xbox app on ipad. I have created account through xbox app on separate ipad.

    she found me and tried to add as friend "access to feature blocked"

    have gone to xbox.com online and have added daughter account to my own as family, she has confirmed. I have gone into her privacy settings, and allow friends for all settings.

    no change when she tries to add me as friend "access to feature blocked... you are unable to access this feature because of how your account is set up. You can change this by modifying your privacy settings on xbox.com."

    There are no more settings to change.

    have seen a post to try adding friends online via xbox.com when xbox app does not work, however she tried to add me as friend via xbox.com, and nothing seems to happen.

    even though she is online, her status when I look her up via xbox app is "offline". she is definitely online.. she has signed out and back in successfully but status shows offline to me who is following her.

    have tried messaging back and forth, no success. she shows offline, even though active, and she is not able to add me to her friends.

    what gives?

    any help appreciated.

    :)
     
    borealkat, Mar 19, 2018
    #1
  2. NickG2002
    NickG2002 Guest
    Friends still seeing I'm online when I'm signed out of the Xbox App

    I got tired of getting spammed with party invites and messages on the Xbox App, and wanted my friends to stop seeing me online for a while, so I made myself appear offline, and signed out of the Xbox App, but they still know when Im on my Windows 10 PC,
    even though they shouldn't be able to.
     
    NickG2002, Mar 19, 2018
    #2
  3. Riskymove
    Riskymove Guest
    NFL App not working

    I am also having trouble

    I deleted the app but now the NFL app does not appear online so i cannot reinstall
     
    Riskymove, Mar 19, 2018
    #3
  4. Jeremy2085 Win User

    can't add friends

    Does an error message appear when you try and add them as a friend?
  5. RuthiZilberberg Win User

    Games not launching (but they were yesterday)

    Hi,

    Ever since yesterday's update - can't even start XBOX (or access the store). I have tried running other built in apps like groove and got an error message stating "cannot open this application" (for the Xbox - even the error message does not appear)

    trying to access the store yields a flashing window that disappears immediately,

    Help!
  6. Nealzy47 Win User

    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING

    Same issue here with my daughters xbox. Cannot play Fortnite as being asked to subscribe even though we already pay monthly by DD.

    I’m thinking it is an xbox issue. Hopefully they will address these messages and solve the problem ASAP.
  7. An Xbox Dude Win User

    Friends appearing forever offline even though they are online

  8. iSpyn Win User

    Friends appearing forever offline even though they are online

    Hey An Xbox Dude!

    Just curious other options I have power cycled every piece of equipment dping with the Xbox one.

    Cleared the cache on the system

    Removed my profile and redownloaded

    Logged into other xbl accounts on my consol.

    Is there anything more I can do?
Thema:

XBOX app: daughter cannot add friends, error message, does not appear online even though ...

Loading...
  1. XBOX app: daughter cannot add friends, error message, does not appear online even though ... - Similar Threads - app daughter cannot

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  10. My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.: Hello, My daughter has started using her own Xbox profile (rather than mine) and she wants to join some of group chats she was part of on my account. However she can't. I've been through all the...