Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games

Discus and support Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've been struggling with this for a few months and nothing I've tried has worked I will start an install for a game (for example: Deathloop) It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Willow14Wisp, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Willow14Wisp
    Willow14Wisp Guest

So I've been struggling with this for a few months and nothing I've tried has worked

• I will start an install for a game (for example: Deathloop)
    • It will begin installing
    • After <1 GB has installed the install will go from whatever speed it is at straight to 0 B/s
    If I attempt to pause/cancel the install it will sit on "Pausing..." and "Canceling" for eternity until I restart or shut my PC down. I've tried scanning for some kind of virus, spyware or something else with my antivirus software, but it doesn't spot anything too. It's just getting annoying because I have a few games on Game Pass I've been wanting to play for the first time or again (such as Fallout 3, Alien Isolation and Deathloop) but I'm barred from doing so because of the app's inability to download games. Weirdly enough it allowed Slime Rancher 2 to download, so idk if this just so happens to just be only the games I'm trying to play. idrk anymore

I've also checked the windows store and there's no updates to the app, console companion, etc, and there's no Windows updates either, so it's not like the app is out of date or anything either.

:)

Willow14Wisp, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Willow14Wisp,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Willow14Wisp,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue installing games as the apps freezes and locks up when you attempt to installation. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

This problem normally occurs due to incomplete or corrupted installation process. In this case, you just need to remove the problematic game from your system and then reinstall it.

Note: If you connect to Xbox Live and save game files to cloud, you will not lose any progress and you can resume the game from where you left off.

Other suggested fixes:

Resetting the Apps:

Click Start and click Settings.

Select System.

Select Apps & features.

Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.

Click Reset.

Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

If still not working, try uninstalling and installing the application again.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. dr deadra Win User

SR3 keeps freezing within a couple of minutes into the game

Yeah I have the same problem but mine just freezes and locks up upon startup
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox console freezing/crashing

Hey there ALLME08,

If the console is constantly freezing and crashing on your friend then you can always attempt to

Factory Reset and Keep Games & Apps
    to see if maybe this clears up the issue.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  6. steviescott2 Win User

Xbox one x locks up

Locking up and freezing is what it is doing and I reset the system removing everything games and apps
Thema:

1. Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games - Similar Threads - App constantly freezes

2. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  3. having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...: when i press connect nothing happens. e4af9950-3967-4fac-9c91-cf8786446e6e
  4. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  5. Xbox live app constantly drops to 0b/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live app constantly drops to 0b/s: Firstly, why does everything to do with Microsoft itself always a cause for frustration? I have access to the internet (45mb/s upload & download), no problems downloading anything else but when...
  6. Xbox app and xbox one NETWORK ERROR unable to connect to the server constantly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app and xbox one NETWORK ERROR unable to connect to the server constantly...: It does not matter if I use the PC or my xbox one I keep getting the same message come up constantly. NETWORK ERROR unable to connect to the server I am thinking my next gaming machine should...
  7. Constant " You Need To Install An App For This Task " For Login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Constant " You Need To Install An App For This Task " For Login: So i reccently left the beta xbox update thing and did a hard reset to keep all my game and then i moved my xbox to my living room and i turned it on i saw all the accounts were removed and i...
  8. Windows Maps app is bugged on Xbox with constant updtes

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Maps app is bugged on Xbox with constant updtes: The windows maps app on Xbox one and Xbox Series X|S constantly keeps updating even when it is already on the latest version. submitted by /u/ZAYONATA [link] [comments]
  9. XBOX game pass app on PC constant crashing and restarting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX game pass app on PC constant crashing and restarting: Hi, A sudden problem with the game pass app for PC. Everything worked fine but suddenly the app closes down and restarts in a kind of loop. So now I can't play nor install games. I did a...
  10. Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc: I recently restarted my PC to wipe unnecessary files from my pc as it was low on space and had nothing of value. Now when I go to install a game on the app, I get one of two codes "0x80070005",...