Xbox App causing BSOD(GSOD) on PC when installing/updating games.

Discus and support Xbox App causing BSOD(GSOD) on PC when installing/updating games. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all, I have been having an issue where Windows will BSOD if I try to install or update a game using the Xbox App (Windows 11). I have made numerous... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Feegore, Mar 19, 2022.

1. /u/Feegore
    /u/Feegore Guest

Hey all, I have been having an issue where Windows will BSOD if I try to install or update a game using the Xbox App (Windows 11). I have made numerous posts in a Microsoft Support thread. Most of us have Asus Motherboards and Antivirus programs. Once I uninstalled my ESET and another user did the same with their AVIRA, we could both download and update Xbox games. I have Defender active, but it stinks that Antivirus programs and the Xbox App are not liking each other. When the system BSOD me, I had to use a system restore point in order to have access to Windows again.

Some users are able to just unplug their ethernet cable/deactivate wifi and they can use Windows in order to try and troubleshoot further, but my only solution was a System Restore and Uninstall my antivirus program.

Just a Heads up. TL/DR Xbox App causing PC to BSOD, uninstall Anti Virus.

submitted by /u/Feegore
    [link] [comments]

/u/Feegore, Mar 19, 2022
  2. TristanBaker Win User

BSOD When installing Xbox App games

I know what a BSOD is thanks...And how am I to screenshot when it crashes my pc? its a BSOD not a simple error. Im not going to force my pc into another one thanks. It is not a hardware fault as it only happens when I try to download something from the xbox app, nothing else causes a BSOD. Im very sure my hardware is fine, I know my pc. Its on the Xbox side.
  3. Pyrium Win User

BSOD When installing Xbox App games

Im getting this issue too with Tunic today. I've tested my RAM, tested my HDD, and everything is fine, even uninstalled any virus protection.

When I boot the computer with the ethernet cable connected it tries to finish the install of Tunic and it immediately goes to the BSOD. If I remove the ethernet cable and then boot my computer it works perfectly fine, so im sure something is triggering this when the download is being pushed from the store. The problem here is I can't get to the Xbox App fast enough to try and stop the install of Tunic, cause it goes to the BSOD then restarts the PC smh.

I don't even want the game now, I just want my computer to stop doing this.
    I’m having the same issue and I have to keep doing system restore. If I try to update any game or install Halo Infinite, it bsod’s me and will keep doing a bsod until I do a system restore.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

It's a beta app. There's gonna be a lot of issues. That's why it exists now.
    Yes, but you must not be a PC gamer. The PC Game Pass would not be the cause of BSOD errors in Windows.
  5. GregJerauld Win User

The Dreaded GSOD

Happened to me yesterday. Seems to be a trend with the unit not accepting disc to ultimately gsod or in my case bsod. I've tried everything waiting on my new machine to show up.
  6. MancSoulja Win User

xbox game pass for pc causing BSOD

Same issue here, it started when using Norton to scan Xbox Game Pass folders would cause a BSOD, now just launching some Game Pass games will cause BSODs.
Thema:

1. Xbox App causing BSOD(GSOD) on PC when installing/updating games. - Similar Threads - App causing BSOD

2. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  3. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  4. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  5. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  6. Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily: Hello, I'm on PC, Windows 10. I'm downloading Forza Motorsport from the Xbox app on my SSD, and while downloading, my SSD usage suddenly spikes to 100%, with no activity, and it freezes. It stays...
  7. I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?: hello! I've been trying to use the Xbox PC app for a couple days now but it recently has had some major issues that i've never seen before. First, I was installing a game just recently added to...
  8. What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    What to do when the failsafe "Authenticator APP" is the cause of the problem: Hello Everyone, for some weeks now, i have a serious problem that's driving me crazy, in short : i always used the Authenticator App for sign in and everything, once Microsoft added the Ai...
  9. My microphone causing clicks and static in xbox discord app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone causing clicks and static in xbox discord app: Last week or so running into problem with two of my headsets (astro and turtle beach) are suddenly creating clicks and pops in the discord app for those listening to me as i speak. I am unable to...
  10. Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%: Hello, I've never had any issue before when using the Xbox App but now my download of Just Cause 4 is over and I can't play it because it gives me an error message. I've tried lots of things and...