Xbox app can't see any hard drives so I can't install any games.

Discus and support Xbox app can't see any hard drives so I can't install any games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just today I have experienced an issue lots of others seem to have had a year ago. I have followed advice in previous thread... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisWade1972, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Xbox app can't see any hard drives so I can't install any games.

Just today I have experienced an issue lots of others seem to have had a year ago. I have followed advice in previous thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-a-drive/6b500aef-f326-4c90-8259-9e8d60ed141a but nothing resolves the issue.

When I try and download it can't see any drives (C: and D: are internal and I've also tried a couple of external drives).

I have reinstalled xbox app, done a repair and reset, reinstalled gaming service, done all updates, checked the settings. Only thing I haven;t done is the drive reformat.

:)

ChrisWade1972, Nov 25, 2022
  2. ChrisWade1972 Win User

Done all that, but no difference. No errors detected during process.
  3. ChrisWade1972 Win User

I have also tried creating the .gamingroot file which I've found info on on other forums, but again this hasn't resolved the issue.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, may be, but it is very strange that he presents the same problem without two separate computers, however the ideal is to wait for Microsoft to launch some update to fix.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ChrisWade1972, as you have already checked your Windows and have it upgraded to the 22H2 version, try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  6. ChrisWade1972 Win User

I'm guessing this is a bug in the latest xbox app version as it has just updated on my laptop and I have exactly the same issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox app can't see any hard drives so I can't install any games. - Similar Threads - app can't hard

2. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  3. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  4. Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app: Can't rent Conan Gportal server through xbox app says "pick a different way to pay" i even added a gift card to my account to pay but it won't even let me use my account funds....
  5. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  6. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  7. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  8. Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app: Everytime I try to configure it the app tells me to download the Xbox app which I have then it says to get identity provider which if I click the get button there no way to download it on the...
  9. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  10. Can't open Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open Xbox PC app: Windows 11. Whenever I open the Xbox app, it loads for a few minutes and then closes. I have tried installing the app again, repairing it, updating Windows, but nothing works. Event ID 1002....