Xbox app can't find a download location

Discus and support Xbox app can't find a download location in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason the Xbox app can't find any location to download a game. I've already tried repairing the app from settings. I've also tried updating... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nitrospider1, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Nitrospider1
    Nitrospider1 Guest

For some reason the Xbox app can't find any location to download a game. I've already tried repairing the app from settings. I've also tried updating the app and Windows. I've tried going into the properties of the WindowsApps folder and changing a security setting. I can't remember what it was. Yes I have tried restarting my pc.

Here's some screenshots encase they help.

Xbox app can't find a download location [​IMG]

Xbox app can't find a download location [​IMG]

The image above has the drop down box open.

:)

Nitrospider1, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Nitrospider1,

Thanks for the reply.

We notice that you also have issues with downloading games from Microsoft Store, that could mean your issue is related to system of your computer. We will be providing you suggested troubleshooting and please try all the steps or skip those steps you already performed.

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
      • Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:
        1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
        2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
        3. Wait for the process to finish.
    4. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    5. Sign into the Microsoft Store and please update all the Xbox apps by following this guide: Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
    6. Please try to download or install an app or game from Microsoft Store and Xbox app.
    Please update us on how the troubleshooting went.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Nitrospider1,

Thanks for sharing the fix of your issue to the community.

We are glad to know that everything is working now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Regards,

4. Nitrospider1 Win User

Thanks for the help, however someone else helped me fix it. What I had to do was force uninstall the Microsoft store using PowerShell. Restart my PC. Then reinstall it using PowerShell. Then with PowerShell again I had to force uninstall gaming services and reinstall it from the Microsoft store.
  5. Nitrospider1 Win User

Thanks for the reply. When I go to download a game from the Microsoft store it asks me to select a drive. I do and it says installing for about 30 seconds to a minute and then nothing happens. I did this with two games. Trying to download them from both the Xbox app and the Microsoft store, There's nothing wrong with my laptop because I can download games from steam perfectly fine. In the settings games are set to download in my D drive which has plenty of space. Also saving things like pictures also works perfectly fine.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Nitrospider1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, the Xbox app is unable to read any storage in your computer. We know how important this setting of storage location because this will then help you install and launch any games from Xbox app. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We appreciate you have shared the troubleshooting you performed. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. Do you mind checking your PC Settings for the storage it was defaulted to store games new contents?
    2. Also, is the computer you are accessing is a virtual pc? Is this a Mac Device where you use parallel or bootcamp? Or simply, you customized this computer?
      • PC Settings > System > on the left side, please look for Storage > please look for Change where new content is saved.
    3. Have you tried installing something on Windows Store or Microsoft Store? Did you encounter an issue?
    4. How about saving a picture/video/files from browser, are you able to save it locally?
    5. Please provide more details about your concern.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox app can't find a download location - Similar Threads - app can't find

2. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  3. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  4. Can't find Madden 24 on Xbox PC app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find Madden 24 on Xbox PC app: I recently bought Madden 24 for the Xbox game app but when I'm looking to install it, it doesn't show up in my library. However when I go online to the store it says that I already own the game....
  5. I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.: I'm trying to cancel my Xbox Gamepass subscription but when I click manage it sends me to a Microsoft account that doesn't show the subscription, meaning I can't cancel it, and I don' know the...
  6. Redeemed game code but can't find game install option on Xbox app PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed game code but can't find game install option on Xbox app PC: I bought Street Fighter 6 digital from Best Buy the other day, but after redeeming it from the Xbox app, it doesn't give me any option to download/install it. I can only see it under purchase...
  7. what happens if I can't find the gamepass section in my xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happens if I can't find the gamepass section in my xbox app: i have gamepass ultimate, and I recently fixed the issue that it didn't show that i have gamepass on my xbox app, but when I enter the app the gamepass section doesnt show [img]...
  8. Why can't I find my owned games on the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find my owned games on the Xbox app?: There are a small handful of games on my Xbox app like Minecraft, sea of thieves, state of decay and a couple more but I own alot of other games I would like to play that do not show up mostly for...
  9. After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games...

in XBoX on Windows
    After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games...: After Xbox insider app for windows was updated yesterday I can't find my installed games under installed in-app, and when in the app can't see pictures, play, or purchase buttons. My App version...
  10. XBox App on PC can't find purchased content on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App on PC can't find purchased content on Windows 11: Hello, I pre-ordered Like a Dragon: Ishin! on the XBox store website last week and haven't been able install it onto my Windows 11 PC. The game launched yesterday and installed and ran with no...