Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account

Discus and support Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son-in-law signed into his xbox account on my PC and now my xbox app and xbox console companion app won't let me sign him out (nor will my Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dale Campbell3, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account

My son-in-law signed into his xbox account on my PC and now my xbox app and xbox console companion app won't let me sign him out (nor will my Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games app). Everytime I try to sign him out, it either just sits and spins OR signs him out but then signs him right back in when I click sign on and doesn't give me the option to sign into my account.

:)

Dale Campbell3, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

just right click start and select apps and features, find the xbox app and select reset.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

It sounds like you are having trouble signing out of your son-in-law's Xbox account on your PC and signing in with your own account.

Make sure that you are signed out of all Microsoft apps on your PC, including the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. To do this, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of each app and select "Sign out".

Close all Microsoft apps on your PC and then reopen them. This can sometimes help reset the app's login state and allow you to sign in with a different account.

Try clearing the app cache for the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. This can help resolve any issues with temporary files or data that may be causing problems with the login process. To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.

Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages" into the Run dialog and press Enter.

Locate the folder for the Xbox app (it will be named "Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe") and the Xbox Console Companion app (it will be named "Microsoft.XboxConsoleCompanion_8wekyb3d8bbwe").

Right-click on each folder and select "Delete".

If none of these steps work, you may want to try resetting the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings app.

Go to the "Apps" section.

Scroll down to the "Apps & features" section and locate the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app.

Select each app and choose "Advanced options".

Scroll down and select the "Reset" button.

I hope these steps help!
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How to turn off auto sign in on xbox

Hi Corpular! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You have to log out of the current account on the Xbox app and then log on the other account, you can also use the console companion app to.log on a different account if the Xbox app doesn't allow you that, but for ownership of the game you need to change the account logged on the Microsoft store app
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Changing Xbox Console Companion Email

If you are just wanting to sign in with a different email on the console companion app In case you have a different account that you use on your computer compared to the one you have on your xbox profile you can follow these directions.

1. Load the console companion app. This should automatically sign you in on whatever Microsoft account you are signed into on your computer.

2. You should see in the upper left corner a circle it may have your profile pic in it if so right click on that circle/pic

3. A menu should come down and allow you to sign out of that account (this will only sign you out on the console companion app not the computer.

4. You should then be given a choice to sign in with a new account. Here is where you can sign in with your xbox profile account.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Erro quando faço login na Xbox Live no Windows 10 [Translation-Error when I sign in to Xbox Live in Windows 10]

Hi Lissandro,

What games are you trying to launch through the Xbox (Beta) app that won't sign you in to your account with the saved data?

Have you tried launching the games through desktop or Start menu shortcuts?

Have you tried logging into the Xbox Console Companion app with the account with the saved data? The Companion app connects you to Xbox Live and tracks your game progress when signed in through there so sign in and make sure you see your achievements from
    the Console Companion app.
Thema:

1. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account - Similar Threads - app Console Companion

2. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  3. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  4. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  5. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c
  6. How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which...: How do I connect my Xbox one to my PC to use as a monitor? The console companion app which is mentioned in most tutorials isn't on the Microsoft store. I have HDMI....
  7. Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?: Hi, I previously used to do this... [img] I used to check the status of my network in the Xbox Console Companion app. Since this app is no longer available on Windows 11, please tell me where...
  8. i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox: i cant find the xbox console companion app. I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox cb87cddd-175c-44b7-a54e-287856f10795
  9. do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer?

in XBoX on Windows
    do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer?: do i need the xbox app if i have the box Console Companion on my computer? 2c9c6890-a610-4ffd-a09c-2e88537e735a
  10. xbox console companion app removed from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion app removed from microsoft store: Not sure why the app itself was removed from the microsoft store as when i tried to search for it, there were no relevant results [img] And when i tried to search for xbox console companion on...