xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup

Discus and support xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; any xbox related windows apps like the xbox app and games installed through it crash instantly when i open them 8fba352d-d8fc-4a33-8564-1047c3c736e2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tiger4Gaming, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Tiger4Gaming
    Tiger4Gaming Guest

any xbox related windows apps like the xbox app and games installed through it crash instantly when i open them

:)

Tiger4Gaming, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Tiger4Gaming Win User

no they just arent installed
  3. Tiger4Gaming Win User

did not find any integrity violations
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly run the system file checker, Click Start.

In the search bar, type CMD .

Right-click CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.

On the User Account Control (UAC) prompt, click Yes.

In the command prompt window, type SFC /scannow and press Enter .

System file checker utility checks the integrity of Windows system files and repairs them if required.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hello, Tiger4Gaming! I appreciate you trying the steps. Are you getting an error code or message on your end?
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Tiger4Gaming! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
Thema:

1. xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup - Similar Threads - app win11 apps

2. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  3. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  4. Need Help with xbox windows app on win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Help with xbox windows app on win11: When i try to buy a game on the xbox app store, specifically on the windows 11 one. i get a "We weren't able to load all options. Close the app, then try again." i restarted my pc and the app...
  5. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....
  6. Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval: The Xbox app on Win 11 is no longer able to install games that require administrator approval. When a game is selected for install, it just sits at 0% downloaded. A few months ago, it was able to...
  7. Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8: Xbox app on windows 11, Lenovo ideapad gaming laptop. A free pass for games but none is downloading. Stops about 1 third into downloading with the same error every time. Solutions that didn’t...
  8. Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....: The sound on our dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app that we subscribed to. The sound can be from a tv app, wav files or any web site including...
  9. In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions

in XBoX on Consoles
    In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions: Xbox version 2211.1001.24.0 Game service version 8.71.8001.0 Xbox Game Bar version 5.822.10271.0 [img] w I can only choose the disk partition as shown above↑,BUT! I do have an I drive。↓...
  10. Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11: Hi, Windows 11 Xbox app streaming from the XBOX one console does not work, "old" console companion works perfectly although can accept only medium stream. Just get a black screen when connecting...