Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

Discus and support Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sumit Lahiri, May 21, 2024.

1. Sumit Lahiri
    Sumit Lahiri Guest

Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine.

I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core i7 12th generation (12700k) and ram to DDR5 ram with GPU upgraded from GTX 1060 to RTX 4060.

I did a clean install of windows 10 (21H1) version and logged in with the account I had used to buy MSFS, unfortunately even after all the upgrades from windows update and trying resettting, wsreset etc. I was not able to install MSFS again. Xbox app keeps crashing and MS Store does nothing after clicking the INSTALL button on MSFS 40th anniversary install page (it turns grey from blue).

Windows update was able to upgrade the version from 21h1 to 22h2 but even that didn't work. Xbox app keeps crashing on the splash screen. Moreover none of the apps from MS Store are getting installed (turning blue from grey after sometime).

Please assist here.

This is from error log.

Faulting application name: XboxApp.exe, version: 48.49.1901.31001, time stamp: 0x5c53a5e3

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.4355, time stamp: 0xd7762934

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000012d332

Faulting process id: 0x1258

Faulting application start time: 0x01daaa9d1d12e939

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_48.49.31001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 6a30ea91-5102-469e-99e2-5dfe34d3e947

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.XboxApp_48.49.31001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.XboxApp

PS: Edit. (Been 2 days now)

I tried almost all the solutions available for this kind of issue on Xbos and MS community pages. It seems nobody can solve it!

I never had this problem on Core i5 machine with previous builds of Windows 10. All this device syncing, DRMs, connected workspaces has done more bad than good. I hope someone from the Microsoft team sees this. I have lost hope on the Xbox team for sure.

There is a limit to how poor development practices and new business requirements can break compatibility.

PS Edit 2

"Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\Windows\system32\sysmain.dll" (Win32 error code The specified module could not be found."

:)

Sumit Lahiri, May 21, 2024
  2. Sumit Lahiri Win User

Hi,

I already did this but to no avail. I have followed almost all steps that many of the old posts cover, even reinstalling windows twice.

Thanks
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Sumit, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, first, check your time settings, and set it to automatic.

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Time & language > Date & time > Enable "Set Timezone Automatically" and "Set Time Automatically".

[​IMG]

Afterward, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool: https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved (Press "Y").

[​IMG]

Moving on from there, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

[​IMG]

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  4. Sumit Lahiri Win User

I never had this problem on Core i5 machine with previous builds of Windows 10. All this device syncing, DRMs and connected workspaces has done more bad than good. I hope someone from the Microsoft team sees this. I have lost hope on the Xbox team for sure.

There is limit to how poor development practices and new business requirements can break compatibility.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Sumit,

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Windows Key + X on your Keyboard and Select "PowerShell (Administrator)" from the menu and confirm it by clicking "Yes".

Once the terminal Window is open, copy the command below and paste it on the Window, then press ENTER. (Select the Text and press CTRL Key + C then switch to the terminal Window and press CTRL Key + V)

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

[​IMG]

Once it's complete, restart your PC and launch the app again.

I hope this helps.
  6. Sumit Lahiri Win User

Thanks! Atleast you tried to help.
Thema:

1. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install - Similar Threads - app Microsoft Store

2. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  3. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  4. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  5. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  6. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  7. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  8. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  9. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  10. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...