Xbox app and game launch freezes PC

Discus and support Xbox app and game launch freezes PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Got a problem today when i tried to launch a game from gamepass on xbox app. First nothing happened so i thought i didn't launch it, so i tried again... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by НикитаЯхнев, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Xbox app and game launch freezes PC

Got a problem today when i tried to launch a game from gamepass on xbox app. First nothing happened so i thought i didn't launch it, so i tried again and saw that my task bar, desktop won't respond, hoewer background app still work like discrod and chrome i was able to use them freely. This never happened to me and for some reason started now. I saw reddit post about seemingly same problem, but mine seem to be a unique one. The whole Windows interface just freezes up, i tried waiting about 10 minutes but nothing changed. Yet again yesterday everything worked perfectly, i did absolutely nothing never run anything that would somehow manage system changes or cleaning software or anti malware. If there is any hint on what i can try to solve this would be appreciated!

To prevent some obvious actions: I have the latest windows 10 update, i reinstalled both xbox app and the game multiple times, i cleared MS Store cache, i tried going for xbox services and turning them all to automatic but i found only a couple of them and it didn't change much.

:)

НикитаЯхнев, Mar 15, 2022
  2. BlinkyBear9905 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of issues with the Xbox App lately. Every time I restart my PC the app is broken, it won't launch unless I reinstall it. The problem is that if I was downloading a game before reinstalling the app, the game won't launch when finished downloading.

You can add to that various crashs with other game store apps since the last Windows 10 update and freezes during a restart of the PC.

Is there anybody with the same problems ?

Thanks guys.

PS. : My PC is perfectly up to date
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? That's odd.

If you could reinstall it, I would recommend it my friend. :/
  4. НикитаЯхне Win User

Unfirtunately even after i did the thing with ISO tool it didn't work. Seems like i have to reinstall fresh windows.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey НикитаЯхнев, how are you today? Hope you're well.

НикитаЯхнев, there a few things we could try as well:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox Cloud games wont launch.

Thema:

1. Xbox app and game launch freezes PC - Similar Threads - app game launch

2. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  3. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  4. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  5. my xbox app dont let me play the games and now dont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox app dont let me play the games and now dont launch: hello, i have a big problem from 5 days ago, i buy 4 games from the xbox app of windows 11, when i launch the games to play, the games dont start, the game "super hot" says they dont find a carpet...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  7. cannot launch PC Xbox app games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot launch PC Xbox app games: I have an active XBox PC pass. PC specs are ok - ryzen 5700X, 32gb ram, Radeon 6900XT... Steam games run with no issues Since beginning of November I cannot launch XBox app games, they were...
  8. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  9. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...
  10. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...