Xbox app always shuts down when I open it on PC

Discus and support Xbox app always shuts down when I open it on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where the Xbox app keeps shutting down when I open it. I already tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it and that didn't do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Metroid Meister, Dec 18, 2022.

  1. Xbox app always shuts down when I open it on PC


    I'm having an issue where the Xbox app keeps shutting down when I open it. I already tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it and that didn't do anything. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do.

    :)
     
    Metroid Meister, Dec 18, 2022
    #1
  2. NafrayuNox Win User

    Xbox companion app and lag

    I always shut down my pc completely when I'm not using it so I'm covered on that part.

    I think I've tried uninstalling the app but no hurt in trying again to be sure I'll keep you posted
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

    Xbox (beta) causing computer not to sleep

    I always shut down my PC when I'm not using it so I guess I haven't noticed. I wonder if there are settings you can change in the app to fix it. Hopefully if enough people report it, it should get fixed.
  4. Cashplayz Win User

    Xbox app

    So A few weeks ago I lost all my data on Forza horizon five and they said to open it on a PC I didn’t have a game installed so I tried to download it last night I shut down the PC but I don’t know yet the download was gonna cancel it when I woke up today I went on the Microsoft Store downloaded the game but on the Xbox app when I click sign in nothing happened Because when I download a game it sends me to the Xbox app
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

    What else to do to fix the Microsoft Store?

    Ah, thank you for letting me know. Alright, one last thing I can think of to try here. Please log out of all Xbox apps and the Store app then shut down your PC. If there are pending updates run them first.

    When the PC is shut down unplug your modem/router for at least 60 seconds to clear any possible issues there. When the internet is back up and running try again
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

    XBOX One X wakes up external harddrive all the time

    Either an external HDD always disconnects when you shut down Xbox. A, or in the power mode setting, shut down the storage.
Thema:

Xbox app always shuts down when I open it on PC

Loading...
  1. Xbox app always shuts down when I open it on PC - Similar Threads - app always shuts

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. My laptop always ask me for permission to open the xbox app. Why?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My laptop always ask me for permission to open the xbox app. Why?: Why does my laptop always ask "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" whenever I want to open it in my laptop and play there? I have windows 11. If i allow it, would it...
  9. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  10. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...