XBOX app: 0x8007005 when installing several games

Discus and support XBOX app: 0x8007005 when installing several games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I post here because in the last 3 days I read dozens of forums and potential fixes and a load of user have the same problem and in the end it's only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Morgenstern72, Nov 23, 2020.

  1. XBOX app: 0x8007005 when installing several games


    I post here because in the last 3 days I read dozens of forums and potential fixes and a load of user have the same problem and in the end it's only "fixed" with reinstalling Windows. Well, that's not a fix.
    Imagine you have a subscription with Netflix, can't watch half their movies and they tell you to reinstall your PC or Android phone.

    What i never saw in all that forums were eventlogs and I hope this might interest any developer here to look deeper what's really going on,

    My 20H2 was done by a complete upgrade with the upgrade tool, so basically that's a fresh installation.

    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with KB4580419 (.net updates) and no open updates

    XBOX app 2010.1001.15.0

    Some games (eg Gears 5) can be installed, many others can't (eg Bridge Constructor Portal): Error x80070005.

    User has administrator rights, Gamng Pass Ultimate valid until 2023.

    Done and did not fix the problem

    ) sfc /scannow

    ) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

    ) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    ) following https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

    ) wsreset

    ) repair, reset, uninstall(install xbox gaming app

    Eventlog:

    ID1001

    Fault bucket , type 0

    Event Name: StoreAgentDownloadFailure1

    Response: Not available

    Cab Id: 0

    Problem signature:

    P1: Acquisition;Microsoft.GamingApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe

    P2: 80070005

    P3: 19042

    P4: 630

    P5: Windows.Desktop

    P6: J

    ...

    Rechecking for solution: 0

    Report Id: df0dcc78-a097-4777-aaeb-c82131c7ad85

    Report Status: 4

    Hashed bucket:

    Cab Guid: 0

    ID1001

    Fault bucket 1417583879757699588, type 5

    Event Name: StoreAgentDownloadFailure1

    Response: Not available

    Cab Id: 0

    Problem signature:

    P1: Acquisition;Microsoft.GamingApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe

    P2: 80070005

    P3: 19042

    P4: 630

    P5: Windows.Desktop

    P6: J

    ...

    Rechecking for solution: 0

    Report Id: df0dcc78-a097-4777-aaeb-c82131c7ad85

    Report Status: 268435456

    Hashed bucket: 04230aad1410071613ac450728471a04

    Cab Guid: 0

    :)
     
    Morgenstern72, Nov 23, 2020
    #1
  2. JamesPitt Win User

    Forza Horizon 5 Deluxe Edition won't install

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply

    I have updated everything and got the latest Xbox app.

    Now when I try to install, it begins to download (several GB) then eventually gives me the following error message before it completes:

    'Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better ...etc' ' error code 0x8007005

    There is plenty of spare capacity on the drive that I am installing to and I have a 350 mb/s internet connection.

    It shouldn't be this hard to install a £50 game. What should I try next?

    Regards

    James
  3. greg_window10_instal Win User

    Xbox shuts off when i eject a disc and gives an error when trying to start up skyrim

    hi the error code is 0x8007005. ive learned that it also affects apps as well.
    Sonic the hero,

    Thanks for the follow up and the additional information. The error code [0x8007005] does show up in "Error & Status Code Search", and sure enough it has to do with
    login issues. When search on the error code It comes up with a complete list of steps to perform in hopes of correcting the problem. Yes, I know, some of the things you may have already tried. But, it maybe worth it to go through them one-by-one to make sure
    you have done everything to get you back up and running.

    support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup?code=0x8007005

    SA
  4. TouchierPoet26 Win User

    0x8007005 Error when installing Surviving Mars on Xbox Beta

    Win10 1903, Itried everithing, still error 0x8007005
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

    0x8007005 Error when installing Surviving Mars on Xbox Beta

    Hello Darkcat,

    Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox (beta) App is not allowing you to install games. We suggest making sure that your
    Windows 10 computer is up to date. Also, you can try restarting your computer.

    This is a beta program so all feedback is greatly encouraged. We suggest posting any issues for the beta on our
    Xbox Insider Subreddit and the
    Xbox Insider Hub. This will help our engineers gather information on common issues. We will be working diligently on this
    beta to provide our customers with a greater experience.

    We look forward to hearing your feedback!
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

    0x8007005 Error when installing Surviving Mars on Xbox Beta

    Hi there,

    could you start a thread detailing your issue. Its just so we don't revive an older thread, and can give up to date advice, thanks.
Thema:

XBOX app: 0x8007005 when installing several games

Loading...
  1. XBOX app: 0x8007005 when installing several games - Similar Threads - app 0x8007005 installing

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  5. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  6. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  7. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  8. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  9. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  10. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...