Xbox and Steam using the same email address

Discus and support Xbox and Steam using the same email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Morning/Evening Peoples I have a bit of an issue regarding my Sons Xbox and my Steam account. Years ago I set up an account for the Xbox for myself.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Glass_of_Malt, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Xbox and Steam using the same email address

Morning/Evening Peoples

I have a bit of an issue regarding my Sons Xbox and my Steam account.

Years ago I set up an account for the Xbox for myself.

This is now used by my Son. The likes of FIFA Etc etc

But here lies the problem. Call of Duty. I play this. On a pc. As does my Son on his xbox

COD Warzone I played through Blizzard which i do not rate but had to use a seperate email address as my Sons would be on xbox. The account using my main email address.

The new COD came out last week and is also available on Steam. I prefer that platform.

Totally forgot I used the email address for both Steam and Xbox and of course his username popped up when i installed. I thought it maybe a default name.

When I changed it, it had changed on his original COD Warzone.

So how do i get around this when he finally wants to play the latest title?

Can i set up a new email address for the xbox and would this affect the titles he already owns? Or even the saves?

:)

Glass_of_Malt, Oct 31, 2022
  2. Glass_of_Malt Win User

No. This isnt what i want at all. I have no library to share. All the games on the Xbox are my Sons. it is HIS xbox but for several years it has been using my microsoft account.

On my PC Call of Duty through Activision uses my email address

Xbox uses the very same address

Both seperate game installs are using the same address.

I want to change the email linked to Xbox completely without affecting all his progess on other games

And despite constant googling I cannot find a solution.
  3. Glass_of_Malt Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today

If I understood correctly, you have 3 accounts.
    An Activision, Steam and Xbox account

You have basically all the three accounts connected (Steam > Xbox and Xbox > Activision) correct?

Now, you and your son. Both plays COD and when you play via Steam, your son see your progress or changes in the profile and viceversa . Right?

If that's the case, the thing that you want to do is basically separate or create a new Activision account for your son (or for you)?

Let me know if I understood correctly or if I missed something
    Progress no. On Warzone my account is with Blizzard. So nothing is affected.

but now I can Modern Warfare 2 i bought it on Steam. He does not have the game yet but when he does it will be the same email address
  4. Glass_of_Malt Win User

Hi, in this case you may need to unlink or he needs to create a Microsoft account and an Activision account and link both accounts
    But would he lose all his achievements on his current games ? Or even have to re-install them?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

About the games, if the games were purchased using your account you can share your library with them enabling home Xbox for your account on the console.

If maybe you need to more about this, check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

About the achievements and progress, it depends on the game. But in general yes. He needs to start from the scratch
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Glass_of_malt

If I understood correctly, you have 3 accounts.
    An Activision, Steam and Xbox account

You have basically all the three accounts connected (Steam > Xbox and Xbox > Activision) correct?

Now, you and your son. Both plays COD and when you play via Steam, your son see your progress or changes in the profile and viceversa . Right?

If that's the case, the thing that you want to do is basically separate or create a new Activision account for your son (or for you)?

Let me know if I understood correctly or if I missed something
Thema:

1. Xbox and Steam using the same email address - Similar Threads - Steam using same

2. does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?: If not where can I go to if I need help with a xbox game? Aside from the generic 3 options of course.. being: Xbox Support Website Xbox Support App Microsoft Community Forums Because if i...
  3. Can we use Microsoft rewards to get ancient coins in Sea of thieves on Steam ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we use Microsoft rewards to get ancient coins in Sea of thieves on Steam ?: Hello. I would like to transform Microsoft reward points in ancient coins in sea of thieves. However I own the game through steam and have never played on Xbox. Is it possible to get ancient coins...
  4. Can I use the same Xbox/ MS account for 2 steam accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use the same Xbox/ MS account for 2 steam accounts?: I have steam acccount A which has FH5 in it. That steam account A is linked to an xbox/ ms account. I want to buy forza motorsport from steam account B. So my question is can I use the same xbox/...
  5. Playing A Xbox game Via Steam and able to use the Same saves

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing A Xbox game Via Steam and able to use the Same saves: So i use Games pass most the Time and when i can pay it out, but Moved over to Steam Mostly and wondered if i play my State of Decay 2 and Sea of thieves Xbox Saves on Steam as i want to own them...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck: So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. The exit from the game happens when I login in my xbox account and click "start game" or "accessibility/settings" button at the...
  7. Can I use my steam account linked to my hacked Microsoft account as proof of ownership?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my steam account linked to my hacked Microsoft account as proof of ownership?: My Microsoft account got hacked and changed the email account connected to it. My Skype username has also been disabled for log-in. I checked the profile of my hacked account and noticed that my...
  8. Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way I could use the steam workshop mods for my pc edition of mcc being halo...: I found multiple halo mods that would be amazing to play but they were only on steam workshop(surprised it had one) just wondered if I did not have to burn a hole in my wallet for a game I can...
  9. I'm keeping getting this EAC error when trying to use multiplayer on Halo MCC on steam...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm keeping getting this EAC error when trying to use multiplayer on Halo MCC on steam...: With the newest update for Halo MCC I copied over the game files from the micro SD card I use for windows on my steam deck to the sd card I use for my Steam Deck. I'm able to launch the game just...
  10. Is there any chance of game pass being able to link to steam so that people can use steam...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any chance of game pass being able to link to steam so that people can use steam...: Hi I was wondering if there was any chance of steam being able to link to a game pass for pc subscription so that we can download games from game pass through steam (developer permitting...