xbox and microsoft store dont work

Discus and support xbox and microsoft store dont work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hey guys so ive been having this issue for months now and im really runing out of patience; i have games that i wwant to access on the xbox app (sea... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jack Davis2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Jack Davis2
    Jack Davis2 Guest

hey guys so ive been having this issue for months now and im really runing out of patience;

i have games that i wwant to access on the xbox app (sea of thieves) and i have beforehand had this working fine however now whenever i go to open the xbox app or microsoft store they are force closed and do not open.

i have tried evrything i have found online and literally nothing is helping me

anyone know anything?

:)

Jack Davis2, Mar 18, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jack Davis2,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Can you share a screenshot?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

This article may also help: Sea of Thieves - Support - Windows - Sea of Thieves is not Launching

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Cashew_ Win User

New Fallout 76 Update not downloading past 2GB

I dont use the Xbox app i use the microsoft store, its the only one not working
  5. Hostlyy Win User

Can anyone help me with my xbox app not installing/launching games?

Yep the only games that work are EA games like plant vs zombies which dont require the xbox or microsoft store to launch but instead the EA app meaning it's the xbox/microsoft store app's fault.
  6. snake42069 Win User

Star Wars: KOTOR 2 The Sith Lords download corrupt on 360

also, battlefront one & Jedi academy is broken as well. Im guessing starfighter is too, but i dont have that one.

Has anyone who encountered this problem purchased the games from the xbox 360 dash instead of the microsoft store on xbox one or the website? Because if it works from the xbox 360 store then that might be the reason why. All it would take is a refund to microsoft
    store credit and just repurchase from the 360 store instead of the website or xbox one store.
Thema:

1. xbox and microsoft store dont work - Similar Threads - microsoft store dont

2. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  3. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending: Hi, Lately I haven't been able to access the xbox app on my PC, because everytime I try opening it says it's updating then the update fails, I press "Try again", and the update stays stuck at 0%...
  6. Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont?: I'm trying to download Hulu on Xbox one but the Microsoft store says I have it already and to check my library. Well I did and it's not there. I haven't downloaded the app before and I don't know...
  7. i have java edition of minecraft, but i dont see the "get" button on microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have java edition of minecraft, but i dont see the "get" button on microsoft store: I go into microsoft store and i dont see the "get" button, what do i do to fix this? c40c2ca1-2394-4d51-82a5-39d471bb90a3
  8. I want to buy a series s from microsoft store but i dont know how to ship it to romania can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to buy a series s from microsoft store but i dont know how to ship it to romania can...: How to select the romania region to ship the series s to romania ec289d59-ac25-4e4b-8608-4f2c44062cde
  9. microsoft store present on task bar but dont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store present on task bar but dont start: hello today i simple want to play some game i have stored on microsoft store app (msfs2020) but something bizare hapen.. microsoft store and also xbox app where is also possible start the game is...
  10. Microsoft store says i dont own the game that i bought a while back

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store says i dont own the game that i bought a while back: A while back i bought Minecraft Dungeons but stopped playing it after a few days cause i wasnt allowed to play online cause i couldnt turn off the parental controls without owning an xbox, now i...