Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I get an Xbox adaptive controller and have a setup that works with it, if I were to plug it into a device that converts modern controllers into... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming

If I get an Xbox adaptive controller and have a setup that works with it, if I were to plug it into a device that converts modern controllers into older controller inputs, like for example Brook gaming adapters for the NES SNES Genesis Turbo Grafx etc, should it work in "digital mode"?

Also would newer systems like the N64 PS1 Saturn and newer be able to carry over the analogness of the analog stick.

Finally I got adapters that go from Genesis to Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Colecovision. Most people warn about double conversions that they're not stable. Since each 3.5 mm cable is both the signal and the ground respectively would plugging into an adapter that converts it to my bulk db35 cable make it work directly with the Genesis and then turn the double conversion into a single conversion because it's reading the Genesis controller natively off uncoded wires?

:)

TripleTopper321, Sep 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today TripleTopper321

As there is no official information about that specific thing, it seems that you may need to give it a try yourself.

The Adaptive controller is compatible with almost any 3.5 mm and USB 2.0 accessory (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...)

But as you're using a converter there is no way to know if its really going to work (in theory should be, but the converter is a factor to consider)
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adaptive Controller

4. XBF Chris J Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind would be Using co pilot along side the adaptive controller. Co- pilot allows 2 different controllers to control player one,
    And it works perfectly along side the adaptive controller. Aside from that, here are some helpful links to check out if you haven't already :

Get to know the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Xbox Adaptive Controller FAQ

Hope this can be of help!
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hi there Isoxboxhelp,

Thanks for reaching out.

You definitely are on the right track. Different games with require different game play controls. I recommend the following resource articles:

Hope this helps.
    I would follow these steps to get what you require to set up and running
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

Thema:

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller amd retrogaming - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller amd

2. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  3. adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once

in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once: I currently have my adaptive controller set up as a right-handed fight stick because you can't find any of those in a store. They are hooked up to buttons using Spade connectors and then the...
  4. Adaptive Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Controller: Hello, I am currently looking for a controller that my sister with cerebral palsy can use. We have an xbox series X. I see the xbox adaptive controller but it says it is for xbox one. Is it...
  5. Xbox adaptive controller copilot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller copilot: I have CP. I only game on PC. It is hard to hit the 2 trigger buttons, that is why I got the adaptive controller. I own the Gamesir T4 Kaleid. I want to use it as my copilot and map the triggers...
  6. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  7. Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...: The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization. I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive controller accessories app or standard...
  8. Dpad north south east west labels unclear on adaptive controller.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dpad north south east west labels unclear on adaptive controller.: The main problem with the north south east west labels on the Adaptive controller is that depending on what angle and orientation you read it from north south east and west on the d-pad is very...
  9. Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?: Where do you find the Microsoft Joystick thingy that looks like a wii chuck controller? its amazing what MS have done with this accessibility controller and options but I can't easily find where...
  10. Xbox Adaptive Controller PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller PC: Will this work with Soulstice on Steam for PC? The game has XBOX normal game controller layout but not sure if the adaptive controller will work with the normal layout....