xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is

Discus and support xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. My account keeps telling me that its a child account tied to an adult account, but neither of my parents have an xbox account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BenBk, Jun 30, 2022.

1. BenBk
    BenBk Guest

xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is

Hello, I have a problem. My account keeps telling me that its a child account tied to an adult account, but neither of my parents have an xbox account and from what I can find, I don’t think I even AM tied to a parent account, so I don’t know why or how to stop it. Its completely preventing me from playing some of the games I own as well.

:)

BenBk, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi BenBk, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you're a child you will be needing to ask your parent to add you as a member or a child on their family group via https://account.microsoft.com/family because they need to manage your account settings.
  3. Francia J. Win User

As long as you're still minor they need to manage your account settings for your security and privacy.
  4. BenBk Win User

but that's my point, as far as I can see, there is no family group or anything like that. My parents can't help me with the problem.
  5. BenBk Win User

so if they make an account, add me as a member, and then remove me, will that solve the problem?
  6. Francia J. Win User

They need to create a family group where you will be added as a member. They need to sign in to htttps://account.microsoft.com/family and then add your Microsoft account as a member.
Thema:

1. xbox account telling me its a child account tied to a parent account but I don't think it is - Similar Threads - account telling child

2. Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.: For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please help. e20de5bc-6fa8-48df-bba9-36ecbbf6e5f5
  3. I have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account...: have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account on Microsoft store,Xbox app etc ,all updated windows 95a415ea-b293-4174-bc84-8d0de9b83490
  4. My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account: I've relinked my account 10 times, I've done it in console and the apps, I've reset, restart, and power cycles my Xbox and it's not working. Everytime I relink it, I get told to do it again....
  5. my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...: my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell me what to do i tried the microsoft support but it is not working 1bc71b3e-94ed-44e9-8339-2aab49494ec3
  6. can xbox or Microsoft tell me what epic account my vbucks went to

in XBoX Accessibility
    can xbox or Microsoft tell me what epic account my vbucks went to: can xbox or Microsoft tell me what epic account my vbucks went to 23dad851-2588-4139-bdc1-bdbc30512b60
  7. My xbox is telling me am signed in and am still not able to access my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox is telling me am signed in and am still not able to access my account: My xbox is telling me am signed in and am still not able to access my account 6b62f198-d79e-4e30-a0e9-9f975911815d
  8. How can I add my account onto my xbox when it tells me that I already have that account on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I add my account onto my xbox when it tells me that I already have that account on...: Hello, I have been trying to add my microsoft account to my xbox one s but everytime I put the password in, it tells me this: "Another user on this device uses this microsoft account, so you can't...
  9. Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?: Both mine & my wife's Microsoft reward account were suspended for a reason i do not know and i have not talked to anyone .What they have accused us of is not true.And yes we are a family so we do...
  10. Why am Is my Black ops 3 telling me I was not allowed to play Xbox live that my account was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am Is my Black ops 3 telling me I was not allowed to play Xbox live that my account was...: Last night me and my fiance were playing perfectly fine him on his account me on mine today we got the game on and it tells me error this account cannot play on Xbox live how come I don't have a...