Xbox account email - how do I change it?

Discus and support Xbox account email - how do I change it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, I need to change the email address associated with my Xbox account. I understand that I need to add an email address as an alias, and then... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CallumY, Jan 18, 2023.

1. CallumY
    CallumY Guest

Hi all,

I need to change the email address associated with my Xbox account. I understand that I need to add an email address as an alias, and then make this one primary, and remove the old one... .but when I go to add an email address as an alias I am getting this response:

This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

CallumY, Jan 18, 2023
  2. ART1C BULLETZ Win User

Error 80151103

thanks paper but, if it is my WLID then how do i change my email to a different one. On xbox.com it says i have to do it on my xbox under setting and account. But i dont have the account on my xbox to do that with. So how can i change this?
  3. Internet Expert Win User

How do I change email address on my xbox

4. SheaRally Win User

CANCEL!

How do I completely remove an email address from a Microsoft account that I accidentally created a long time ago, its not used for anything? I want to use that email address to sign in to my actual Xbox Live account, and then how do I change the email sign
    on on the account i want to use it for?
  5. bowski477 Win User

How do I change emails for my account

This support page will give you all the steps to changing the email address associated with your account.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

How do I change my Xbox account email?

Hello, DaGadlyFalsh. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

The only way to change the email address of your Microsoft Account is by adding an alias email to your account (a second email address to it), and then making this second email address the primary email for your Microsoft Account.

But, there's an issue. You can't add to your Microsoft Account an alias email address that is linked to another Microsoft Account. So you have only two options here:

1. You can create a new email address to be used as an alias to change your current Microsoft Account email address. But it needs to be created on the "Add an alias" page:

Sign in to: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=529489

Under the Account Aliases section, select Add Email.

Choose Create a new email address and add it as an alias, and then follow the instructions.

After you've added the email address, verify it by clicking on the link that you'll receive on your inbox.

2. You can delete the Microsoft Account that has the email that you want to use as an alias. After you delete it, you'll need to wait 60 days for it to be removed from the Microsoft system and it'll be available to be used again. You'll need to create it on the "Create a new email address and add it as an alias" page.

Unfortunately, there's the only two options you have. If you have any question or doubt about it, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Xbox account email - how do I change it? - Similar Threads - account email change

2. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  3. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  4. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  5. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  6. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  7. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  8. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  9. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  10. Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...: The title is pretty much it. I was in a discord server that got compromised and a bunch of people ended up with malware that keylogged their passwords. I was one of them. The hacker changed the...