Xbox Account cannot be linked to any other platform

Discus and support Xbox Account cannot be linked to any other platform in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Good day, Gamers I am having an issue which I've been trying to solve from the past many months. I wanted to link my Xbox account with my Steam,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jay Jung1, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Jay Jung1
    Jay Jung1 Guest

Good day, Gamers

I am having an issue which I've been trying to solve from the past many months.

I wanted to link my Xbox account with my Steam, Facebook, Discord, Reddit etc.

However, none of the platforms will connect/link to my Xbox Account - either I do it from Xbox or from the other Platform.

I tried contacting the support multiple times, but they truly are helpless.

All answers I get is wait for 24 hours and try again.

Tried to chat with an agent - they said they'll come back after looking into the issue by emailing me, but it's been 2 months and no answers were heard.

I want to see if there is anyone having a similar or same issue as I do?

I am subscribed but now will probably unsub, it is very very inconvenient.

Thank you.

:)

Jay Jung1, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Jay Jung1 Win User

Good day, Steven

Thanks for the reply.

This has not been fixed and is still an ongoing issue.

As per your previous suggestion - I have tried multiple times to get in touch with the Support team.

However, neither the call nor chat resolved my issue.

Thank you.
  3. StevenK_M Win User

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)
  4. StevenK_M Win User

Hello Jay Jung1,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Xbox Community forums. I understand how important for you to link your social media accounts.

In this case, please try checking the methods on Link your social network accounts to Xbox | Xbox Support. Otherwise, you might want to visit or contact the support website for the social network you’re trying to link.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

StevenK
  5. DarkUnicycle Win User

how do you allow my son to add friends across platforms?

Hello paweljaworski,

Thanks for reaching out to us, at the current moment you cannot add friends from other platforms on your Xbox friends list without them first having a Microsoft account. You can connect other social media platforms to see if any friends on those platforms
    have a Microsoft account. I'll post a link below showing you how to connect other social media platforms to your Microsoft account.

Linking Together : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028404/microsoft-account-linking-accounts

Glad I could provide you some details for your question, let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

Happy Gaming!
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

EA Account is Deleted - I Cant play any EA Games

all account linking regardless of company is up to the company to sort, microsoft cannot sort any of it as it is not on their system and they cannot even see it, the same applies to sony account, ubisoft accounts, epic accounts, on epic once an account is linked you can never link that xbox account to another epic account.

when the account is linked it is your ea account on the ea servers that is linked, nothing on the microsoft side at all, you can revoke access to the ea account via microsoft so it cannot use any of your info but that does not unlink as this can only happen on ea servers.

if you move to sony you will have the exact same issue if this arises again as you cannot unlink an ea account outside of the ea servers only ea can unlink it.

microsoft nor sony nor any other platform can tell another what they can and cant do on their own servers, as ea closed your account for inactivity but as you say they did this when it was active it is down to EA to sort, you will have to sort this with EA.
Thema:

1. Xbox Account cannot be linked to any other platform - Similar Threads - Account cannot linked

2. My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...: So, I've had my Xbox and Ubi accounts for 14+ years. I always log in to my Ubisoft account by logging in with the Xbox option as they are already linked. I haven't had access to the email address...
  3. I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...: So I have a minecraft account linked to a microsoft account which is connected to my previous email. Recently i was asked to log in again in the launcher for some reason, i put in the email and...
  4. Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts: I cannot link my Steam and Xbox accounts. I have tried to link my Steam account in the Xbox app settings on Windows 10 but I keep getting the message: "Try again soon. We can't link right now." I...
  5. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft": I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email...
  6. Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games: I am using xbox pc game pass and am attempting to play an EA game through game pass. However, whenever I try and install the game I get the following message from the EA app "something went wrong,...
  7. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft and several Add-ons through the Playstation Store. I can download and play Minecraft but do not have access to any of the Add-ons. I tried to link my Microsoft Account to my...
  8. Cannot link Xbox app account on windows to Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox app account on windows to Microsoft account.: I have a Xbox account on the Xbox app on windows, and I want to link that account to my Microsoft account. But I already have a Xbox-profile linked to my Microsoft account. How can I remove the...
  9. Cannot link account due to not having access to email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link account due to not having access to email: Is there a way to unlink my activision account from xbox? I'm not able to do it through support because due to their policy or whatever support cannot change account details. And I also no longer...
  10. PlayStation Minecraft Cannot link to Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PlayStation Minecraft Cannot link to Microsoft Account: I recently purchased the PS4 version of Minecraft for my son. I set up a new PSN account specifically for him and then tried to sign into his existing Microsoft account (which he uses on PC and...