Xbox Accessories app says I need Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Accessories app says I need Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys and girls, I'm a bit frustrated because my controller is slowing down my game on PC so im trying to update the firmware. I goto the apps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Patrick H1, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Patrick H1
    Patrick H1 Guest

Hey guys and girls,

I'm a bit frustrated because my controller is slowing down my game on PC so im trying to update the firmware. I goto the apps store and get Xbox accessories and it says I need Windows 11 for it. I built my computer in 2015 and I can't download Windows 11. Any work around?

:)

Patrick H1, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Patrick, unfortunately you will only be able to upgrade on a PC with Win 10 or 11 or a Xbox One console.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
  4. BritishCharlie Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
  5. Patrick_149 Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
    I can confirm that it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling the app but it just opens the regular Xbox Accessories screen.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does Microsoft plan to support it's own XBox Controller firmware on the Xbox Accessories app (PC)?

There might be an update to the Xbox Accessories app on the PC. Check using the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10/11. The app on the PC should then be able to recognize the new firmware of the Elite Controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories app says I need Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Accessories app says

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  4. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  5. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  6. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  7. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  8. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  9. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f
  10. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: I am trying to set up the paddles on my new controller and when I went in the Xbox accessories app it said my Xbox controller was unauthorized idk how to fix it d8d0cc95-4132-44dd-8851-498451323ba3